Product Manager - Semantic Platform - Seattle Product Lead
Uber is evolving the way the world moves. By seamlessly connecting riders to drivers through our apps, we make cities more accessible, opening up more possibilities for riders and more business for drivers around the world. From our founding in 2009 to our launches in hundreds of cities today, Uber’s rapidly expanding global presence continues to bring people and their cities closer.
Semantic Platforms is the backbone of Uber’s business, responsible for building our core services and ensuring they are scalable as we continue to grow at an unprecedented rate. You’ll be the Semantic Platform Lead in Seattle, owning our Customer Connections & Automation Platform efforts.
If you possess entrepreneurial tenacity and thrive in fast-moving and high-ambiguity environments, this is the perfect role for you!
Customer Connections Platform
You will radically increase the engagement of Uber’s global user base by building tools that incentivize and drive customer interactions with Uber business partners around the world.
You will lead a cross-functional team of engineers, analysts, designers, and business leaders to own the product roadmap and build out our CRM product from scratch. This tool will power our CRM program and help agents prioritize leads, track interactions and demonstrate impact on key business metrics.
You should be a proven innovator and expert in database management, QA, analytics and reporting. You should be ready to jump in on all lines of business at Uber to build the products they need to effectively manage their sales pipelines. An ideal candidate has at least 5 years experience managing high-growth product funnels, thorough understanding of sales platforms, a strong technical background, and a drive to build highly efficient systems.
You will lead a cross-functional team of engineers, data scientists, designers, and business leaders in building the core architecture that drives Uber’s day-to-day operations in cities around the world. Working with city managers, marketing specialists, fraud fighters, and customer support, you’ll build products that will standardize and centralize the processes that make our cities more efficient.
You should be a proven innovator and expert in complex workflows, intuitive UX, analytics and reporting. You should be ready to jump in on all lines of business at Uber to build the products and workflows they need to effectively manage their daily operations. An ideal candidate has at least 5 years experience focusing on translating manual processes into streamlined systems, a strong technical background, and a drive to build highly scalable platforms.
Qualifications & Requirements
- A computer science undergraduate degree or equivalent plus hands-on software engineering experience. Technical understanding must go from the highest abstractions down to the metal.
- 5+ years experience delivering highly successful and innovative consumer Internet products with your fingerprints all over them – you’re extremely proud of what you’ve accomplished
- Stellar design instincts and product taste
- A high bar across the board – from your own contributions to the people you work with to the products you work on.
- A “driver” personality – biased toward action, great collaborator and master disambiguator/simplifier – constantly pushing toward clarity and delivery.
- Grittiness. You never hesitate to roll up your sleeves and tackle something hands-on, you persevere when others fall away.
- Finger-tippiness with data: you just go get the data you need with no muss/fuss and can whip it into an insightful story with no help. You know how to leverage data to make decisions without getting stuck in analysis paralysis.
- Rider-centricity – examples from your past of tough product challenges that you powered through because you were unwilling to make your problems your riders’ problems.
- True passion for Uber’s mission and the company’s hybrid technology / operations nature.
- A never-ending desire to grow and learn.
- Employees are showered with Uber credits each month.
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
Benefits (United States)
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
We’re bringing Uber to every major city in the world. We need brains and passion to make it happen and to make it happen in style.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top