Product Manager - Semantic Platform - Seattle Product Lead
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
About the Role
You'll be the Semantic Platform Lead in Seattle, owning our Customer Connections & Automation Platform efforts.
Customer Connections Platform
You will radically increase the engagement of Uber's global user base by building tools that incentivize and drive customer interactions with Uber business partners around the world.
You will lead a cross-functional team of engineers, analysts, designers, and business leaders to lead the product roadmap and build out our CRM product from scratch. This tool will power our CRM program and help agents prioritize leads, track interactions and demonstrate impact on key business metrics.
You should be a confirmed innovator and authority in database management, QA, analytics and reporting. You should be ready to jump in on all lines of business at Uber to build the products they need to effectively lead their sales pipelines. You should have at least 5 years experience leading high-growth product funnels, thorough understanding of sales platforms, a strong technical background, and a commitment to building highly efficient systems.
You will lead a cross-functional team of engineers, data scientists, designers, and business leaders in building the core architecture that drives Uber's day-to-day operations in cities around the world. Working with city managers, marketing specialists, fraud fighters, and customer support, you'll build products that will standardize and centralize the processes that make our cities more efficient.
You should be a tried innovator and authority in complex workflows, intuitive UX, analytics and reporting. You should be ready to jump in on all lines of business at Uber to build the products and workflows they need to effectively lead their daily operations. You should have at least 5 years experience focusing on translating manual processes into streamlined systems, a strong technical background, and a commitment to building highly scalable platforms.
About the Team
Uber is evolving the way the world moves. By seamlessly connecting riders to drivers through our apps, we make cities more accessible, opening up more possibilities for riders and more business for drivers globally. From our founding in 2009 to our launches in hundreds of cities today, Uber's fast-growing global presence continues to bring people and their cities closer.
Semantic Platforms is the backbone of Uber's business, responsible for building our core services and ensuring they are scalable as we continue to grow at an unprecedented rate.
What you'll do
- Work with product and operations teams to build a product that can handle a wide array of situations and provide the perseverance and flexibility for internal partners to handle their unique workflows
- Understand how to gauge agent performance and optimize lead flow.
- Prioritize new opportunities to provide the biggest impact to the business.
- Work with engineering and analysts on building upstream and downstream alerting and reporting
- Help design and implement a consistent, accurate data pipelining system
- Work with data science to integrate machine learning models for lead scoring
- Internalize and deeply understand Uber's growth strategy - and then align your team's mission and roadmap with this direction
- Craft a coherent product vision and execution strategy for your team to achieve product adoption among Uber Business managers using your software
- Guide your team to build tools that rapidly attain internal product-market fit and widespread adoption among those responsible for making Uber grow
- Execute. This means being constantly biased towards action, knowing the data, being in the details, setting a high standard and building excellent harmonious relationships with other teams, thinking boldly, disambiguating, always thinking of the customer first and rapidly iterating towards a product with value.
What you'll need
- A computer science undergraduate degree or equivalent plus hands-on software engineering experience. Technical understanding of the systems you propose to build.
- At least need 5 years experience leading cross-functional product teams that delivered solutions related to user engagement and activation
- Great design instincts and product taste
- High standards across the board - from your own contributions to the people you work with to the products you work on
- A "driver" personality - biased toward action, great collaborator and excellent disambiguator/simplifier - constantly pushing toward clarity and delivery
- Data-driven mindset; ability to leverage data to make decisions
- True user-centricity and deep empathy for a wide variety of stakeholders
- True passion for Uber's mission and the company's hybrid technology / operations nature
- Tenacity. You never hesitate to roll up your sleeves and take on something hands-on, you persevere when others fall away, you get it done
- An unquenchable desire to help Uber be the fastest growing company in the world
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Smart, engaged co-workers.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; take time when you need it.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top