Product Manager - Semantic Platform - Automation Platform
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 500 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the women and men who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
About the Role
You will lead a cross-functional team of engineers, data scientists, designers, and business leaders in building the core architecture that drives Uber's day-to-day operations in cities around the world. Working with city managers, marketing specialists, fraud fighters, and customer support, you'll build products that will standardize and centralize the processes that make our cities more efficient.
You should be a tried innovator and authority in complex workflows, intuitive UX, analytics and reporting. You should be ready to jump in on all lines of business at Uber to build the products and workflows they need to effectively lead their daily operations. You should have at least 5 years experience focusing on translating manual processes into streamlined systems, a strong technical background, and a commitment to building highly scalable platforms.
What You'll Do
- Work with product and operations teams to build a product that can handle a wide array of situations and provide the perseverance and flexibility for internal partners to handle their unique workflows
- Understand how to gauge agent performance and optimize lead flow.
- Prioritize new opportunities to provide the biggest impact to the business.
- Work with engineering and analysts on building upstream and downstream alerting and reporting
- Help design and implement a consistent, accurate data pipelining system
- Work with data science to integrate machine learning models for lead scoring
- Internalize and deeply understand Uber's growth strategy - and then align your team's mission and roadmap with this direction
- Craft a coherent product vision and execution strategy for your team to achieve product adoption among Uber Business managers using your software
- Guide your team to build tools that rapidly attain internal product-market fit and widespread adoption among those responsible for making Uber grow
- Execute. This means being constantly biased towards action, knowing the data, being in the details, setting a high standard and building excellent harmonious relationships with other teams, thinking boldly, disambiguating, always thinking of the customer first and rapidly iterating towards a product with value.
What You'll Need
- A computer science undergraduate degree or equivalent plus hands-on software engineering experience. Technical understanding of the systems you propose to build.
- At least need 5 years experience leading cross-functional product teams that delivered solutions related to user engagement and activation
- Great design instincts and product taste
- High standards across the board - from your own contributions to the people you work with to the products you work on
- A "driver" personality - biased toward action, great collaborator and excellent disambiguator/simplifier - constantly pushing toward clarity and delivery
- Data-driven mindset; ability to leverage data to make decisions
- True user-centricity and deep empathy for a wide variety of stakeholders
- True passion for Uber's mission and the company's hybrid technology / operations nature
- Tenacity. You never hesitate to roll up your sleeves and take on something hands-on, you persevere when others fall away, you get it done
- An unquenchable desire to help Uber be the fastest growing company in the world
About the Team
Uber is evolving the way the world moves. By seamlessly connecting riders to drivers through our apps, we make cities more accessible, opening up more possibilities for riders and more business for drivers globally. From our founding in 2009 to our launches in hundreds of cities today, Uber's fast-growing global presence continues to bring people and their cities closer.
Semantic Platform is the backbone of Uber's business, responsible for building our core services and ensuring they are scalable as we continue to grow at an unprecedented rate.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top