Product Manager - Security - Risk Platform
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
We're looking for a Product manager to take Uber's risk management technology to the next level. We are pioneering new techniques everyday to detect and counter bad actors all over the world who are constantly adapting and discovering new ways to abuse our platform.
Uber is at the forefront of one of the most exciting marketplace challenges as the world rapidly evolves from desktop to on-demand mobile commerce. Our ability to effectively manage risk in this environment is key to our ongoing success and allows the company to make smart, bold bets while maintaining a delightful and painless user experience. It's our job to think about this so that our riders and drivers don't have to.
As a Product Manager, you'll lead a team of engineers and data scientists and own the product roadmap and the direction of the team as the company grows across new businesses and markets around the world.
The role demands a deep background in product management, machine learning, risk management; ability to operate in a highly technical environment; leadership skills, and the ability to do user research and work collaboratively across many stakeholders.
What you'll do
- Help build and implement risk tools and scalable distributed systems and technologies at one of the largest players in the rapidly evolving m-commerce environment.
- Internalize and deeply understand Uber's mission and strategies, as well as the mission and objectives of various risk teams and stakeholders.
- Distill vision and strategy for the team, get all members of cross-functional team enthusiastic about creating a product with value.
- Be incredibly truth-seeking. Collect whatever data is necessary to inform product direction, whether in the form of trends or other business metrics. Solicit and embrace critical feedback.
- Drive a cross-functional team to set qualitative objectives and quantitative goals
- Drive innovation, definition, deliverables planning (roadmap) and design of entirely new Uber products and product features to deliver against team and company goals. Requires challenging all members of cross-functional team (engineering, finance, operations, etc.) to think boldly and creatively and then to funnel that energy into concrete products and execution plans.
- Monitor and measure launched products and feed learnings back into product development process.
- Clearly communicate product plans, benefits and results, as appropriate, to a spectrum of audiences.
What you'll need
- An undergraduate degree or equivalent in computer science or a quantitative domain plus hands-on software engineering and/or data science experience. Technical understanding must go from the highest abstractions down to the metal.
- At least 5 years experience delivering highly successful and innovative risk detection, security or data management systems with your signature all over them.
- High standards across the board - from your own contributions to the people you work with to the products you work on.
- A "driver" personality - biased toward action, great collaborator and an excellent disambiguator/simplifier - constantly pushing toward clarity and delivery.
- Grittiness: You don't hesitate to take initiative and address something hands-on, you persevere when others give up.
- You take initiative with data: you just go get the data you need with no muss/fuss and can turn it into an insightful story. You know how to leverage data to make decisions without getting stuck in paralysis by analysis.
- User-focus - you have examples from your past of tough product challenges that you persevered through because you were unwilling to make your problems your users' problems.
- True passion for Uber's mission and the company's hybrid technology / operations nature.
- A deep desire to grow and learn.
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Smart, engaged co-workers.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; take time when you need it.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top