Product Manager - Security - Risk Platform
We’re looking for an experienced product manager to join our efforts to build and take Uber’s risk and safety management technology to the next level.
We are pioneering new techniques everyday to detect and counter bad actors all over the world who are constantly adapting and discovering new ways to abuse our platform.
You will work alongside rockstar Product Managers who collaborate with talented engineers, data scientist, and analysts to build and own systems that enable a wide range of business units (risk management, information security, trust and safety) to manage exposures effectively while enabling unprecedented growth. These systems are comprised of numerous data pipelines that take data from event emission and ingestion all the way through processing and machine learning, decisioning at scale, and BI applications.
Uber is at the forefront of one of the most exciting marketplace challenges as the world rapidly evolves from desktop to on-demand mobile commerce. Our ability to effectively manage risk in this environment is key to our ongoing success and allows the company to make bold bets while maintaining a delightful and painless user experience. It’s our job to think about this so that our riders and drivers don’t have to.
What you’ll be doing:
Help build and implement scalable distributed systems and technologies at one of the largest players in the rapidly evolving m-commerce environment.
- Internalize and deeply understand Uber’s mission and strategies, as well as the mission and objectives of various risk teams and stakeholders.
- Work effectively with multiple business programs, translate their business needs into abstract product vision and strategy, and deliver the best in class platform working with the engineering team.
- Own multiple products working toward a scalable data infrastructure that supports your internal customers’ needs. Attain internal product-market fit and widespread product adoption among business consumers at Uber.
- Lead by example. Be incredibly truth-seeking and finger-tippy with data, set a high bar for the team to think boldly and creatively and then to funnel that energy into concrete products and execution plans, move fast, be biased toward action.
Here are the kinds of skills we’re looking for:
- A graduate degree or equivalent in computer science or a quantitative domain plus hands-on software engineering and/or data science experience. Technical understanding must go from the highest abstractions down to the metal.
- 10+ years experience delivering highly successful and innovative risk detection, security or data management systems with your fingerprints all over them – you’re extremely proud of what you’ve accomplished.
- Excellent communicator that is good at listening and influencing. Visionary with strong framing ability and executive presence.
- Hands on technical background, know product and engineering team’s work in depth; Get your hands dirty a lot
- A high bar across the board – from your own contributions to the people you work with to the products you work on.
- A “driver” personality – biased toward action, great collaborator and master disambiguator/simplifier – constantly pushing toward clarity and delivery.
- Grittiness. You never hesitate to roll up your sleeves and tackle something hands-on, you persevere when others fall away.
- Employees are showered with Uber credits each month.
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
We’re bringing Uber to every major city in the world. We need brains and passion to make it happen and to make it happen in style.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top