Product Manager - People Platform
As we grow the size of the company, making sure we have the right people, with the right potential, doing the right work is imperative. We want to build and grow products that continually raise the already high bar of talent at Uber, as well as increase mobility and growth opportunities for everyone. If you’re passionate about people, this is the perfect role for you!
Key Problems to Solve
- Recruiting – How do we continue to grow the company by finding the very best talent and getting them into the right roles?
- Organization Management – How do we manage our organizational structures and make it simpler and easier to adapt quickly to the constantly evolving landscape that Uber is driving innovation in?
- People Success – How do we make sure that people get the feedback and mentorship they need to grow at Uber?
- Platform – How do we create the underlying infrastructure to support a wide range of tools and services to ensure the Uber team is well supported.
Qualifications & Requirements
- 5+ years experience delivering highly successful and innovative Internet products with your fingerprints all over them – you’re extremely proud of what you’ve accomplished
- Stellar design instincts and product taste
- A high bar across the board – from your own contributions to the people you work with to the products you work on.
- A “driver” personality – biased toward action, great collaborator and master disambiguator/simplifier – constantly pushing toward clarity and delivery.
- Grittiness. You never hesitate to roll up your sleeves and tackle something hands-on, you persevere when others fall away.
- Finger-tippiness with data: you just go get the data you need with no muss/fuss and can whip it into an insightful story with no help. You know how to leverage data to make decisions without getting stuck in analysis paralysis.
- Rider-centricity – examples from your past of tough product challenges that you powered through because you were unwilling to make your problems your riders’ problems.
- True passion for Uber’s mission and the company’s hybrid technology / operations nature.
- A never-ending desire to grow and learn.
- Employees are showered with Uber credits each month.
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
Benefits (United States)
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
We’re bringing Uber to every major city in the world. We need brains and passion to make it happen and to make it happen in style.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top