Product Manager - Marketplace Platform
Uber is building a flexible, global, always-on platform for creating real-time logistics marketplaces. Virtually every engineering team within Uber programs against, configures, plugs into, and relies on this platform. In addition, outside companies can use the platform’s APIs to grow their businesses.
We are looking for a seasoned product management leader with a passion for building platforms that empower and delight others. You are not satisfied unless platforms are approachable, programmable, extensible, and unbreakable. You’re always iterating toward the next generation of features and dispatch paradigms to keep Uber ahead of the competition. You are a technical, collaborative leader and communicator with an insatiable drive to make magic.
- Understand the current state of dispatch paradigms and help us invent the next generation
- Lead product management for Uber’s public API/Uber developer ecosystem
- Partner with 100+ internal product teams to understand their challenges, directions, and commonalities. Examples include EATS, RUSH, POOL, Airports, and Pricing.
- Manage the cross-functional strategic planning and business planning process, leading conversations with key stakeholders to develop concepts for strategic initiatives, and developing those into detailed program/project plans (including roadmaps, funding planning, resource planning and hiring goals).
- Lead data scientists, UX teams, and engineers to make the platform reliable and approachable to its wide variety of customers.
- Facilitate bidirectional communication between customers and the team.
- An understanding of platforms. You have worked on either a SaaS/PaaS targeted at developers or a large, innovative internal platform at a high-scale company.
- A computer science degree.
- Excellent communication skills.
- 5+ years’ experience as either an engineering manager or product manager for a platform.
- Experience PMing for a 50+ person org and managing 3–5 other PMs, PMMs, and/or data scientists
- Understanding of HA systems, frameworks, distributed systems, containers, marketplaces, APIs
- Experience product managing open source software or public SDKs
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top