Product Manager - Maps - Colorado
If you have the right stuff to join the Uber Product team, you’ll work among star engineers, designers and product managers in a fast-paced, rapidly growing, hybrid technology/operations environment. We are highly user-centric and we deeply believe we can innovate our way out of any box. The role demands great technical depth, principled thinking, well honed product judgment, a stubborn refusal to settle, bold innovation, a high design bar and a mentality of starting with the rider and working backwards.
As a Product Manager on Maps team, you will work on a range of complex (and fun!) problems and will be responsible for delivering the best-in-class maps. You will work closely with and enhance the productivity of a high-performing cross-functional team that includes counterparts in Engineering, Data Science, Design, Business Development, and Operations. Your performance will be measured by your ability to identify problems that need to be solved, and how you own the process from start to finish. We are looking for people who love complex problems with real world impact.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
- Internalize and deeply understand Uber’s mission and strategies, as well as how the maps team mission and objectives of your specific team factor into the company strategy.
- Be incredibly truth-seeking. Collect whatever data is necessary to inform product direction, whether in the form of competitive intel, rider behavior or other business metrics. Solicit and embrace critical feedback.
- Drive cross-functional team to set qualitative objectives and quantitative goals
- Drive innovation, definition, deliverables planning (roadmap) and design of entirely new Uber products and product features to deliver against team and company goals.
- Requires challenging all members of cross-functional team (engineering, design, etc.) to think boldly and creatively and then to funnel that energy into concrete products and execution plans.
- Drive definition of and execution against product go-to-market plan, including phasing and marketing.
- Monitor and measure launched products and feed learnings back into product development process.
- Clearly communicate product plans, benefits and results, as appropriate, to a spectrum of audiences, from internal stakeholders to all Uber employees to riders.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- A computer science undergraduate degree or other engineering degree equivalent.
- Minimum of 4 years relevant experience
- Experience delivering products from zero to first release with your fingerprints all over them.
- A “driver” personality – constantly pushing toward clarity and delivery while balancing the need for great collaboration.
- Experience with mapping technology a plus but not required.
- You know how to leverage data to make decisions without getting stuck in analysis paralysis.
- A high bar across the board – from your own contributions to the people you work with to the products you work on.
- You don’t hesitate to roll up your sleeves and tackle something hands-on, enjoy learning new things, and you persevere when others fall away.
- Passion for Uber’s mission and the company’s hybrid technology / operations nature.
- A never-ending desire to grow and learn.
- Employees are showered with Uber credits each month.
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
We’re bringing Uber to every major city in the world. We need brains and passion to make it happen and to make it happen in style.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top