Product Manager, International Maps
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 500 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
About The Role
The International Maps PM is responsible for all aspects of map data and map services that powers the experiences on Uber - your primary responsibility will be to find product solutions that span across our complex technical stack. You will also be collaborating with multiple teams to make sure that we are prioritizing the right solution and working as a cohesive unit and delivering measurable impact.
If you are a Product authority who truly understands the power of how awesome technical solution can completely transform product experiences, this is the perfect role for you! You'll work with a stellar team that gets up everyday and is fired up about the impact that it delivers. The role demands an innovator and passionate believer who can push boundaries of what can be done everyday.
About The Team
Uber's vision of transportation like running water, reliable and always available for everyone, relies on knowing where our users are and where they are going. Knowing the world with complete details is critical for Uber - from alleyways where the rider needs to be dropped off to ensuring the best pickup-dropoff points for malls, airports and other points of interests.
What You'll Need
- A computer science undergraduate degree or equivalent plus hands-on software engineering experience. Technical understanding should go from the highest abstractions down to the metal.
- 2-5 years experience delivering highly successful and innovative consumer Internet products with your fingerprints all over them - you're very proud of what you've accomplished
- Stellar design instincts and product taste
- A high bar across the board - from your own contributions to the people you work with to the products you work on.
- A "driver" personality - biased toward action, great collaborator and master disambiguator/simplifier - constantly pushing toward clarity and delivery.
- Grittiness. You never hesitate to roll up your sleeves and take on something hands-on, you persevere when others fall away.
- Finger-tippiness with data: you just go get the data you need with no muss/fuss and can whip it into an insightful story with no help. You know how to leverage data to make decisions without getting stuck in analysis paralysis.
- Rider-centricity - examples from your past of tough product challenges that you powered through because you were unwilling to make your problems your riders' problems.
- Real passion for Uber's mission and the company's hybrid technology / operations nature.
- A never-ending desire to grow and learn.
- Employees are given Free and Discounted Uber credits every month.
- Free daily catered breakfast and lunch, free snacks.
- Gym and mobile phone reimbursement
- Medical & dental package to fit your needs
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Smart, engaged co-workers.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top