Product Manager - Global Data
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
About The Role
We seek a Product Manager to join our Global Data team, a team that uses scalable (i.e. real-time, global) data and insights to transform decision-making across Uber. We expect the Product Manager to be high technical and data-oriented, i.e. able to jam with Engineering and Data Science to make decisions and set a vision that meets our product and business needs.
What You'll Do
- Internalize and deeply understand Uber's mission and strategies, as well as how the Global Data team mission and objectives of your specific team factor into the company strategy
- Be incredibly truth-seeking. Collect whatever data is necessary to inform product direction by soliciting and embracing critical feedback
- Drive cross-functional team to set qualitative objectives and quantitative goals
- Drive innovation, definition, deliverables planning (roadmap) and design of entirely new Uber products and product features to deliver against team and company goals
- Challenge members of cross-functional team (engineering, data science, etc.) to think boldly and creatively and then funnel that energy into concrete products and execution plans
- Drive definition of and execution of data into scalable (i.e. real-time, global) business impact
- Monitor and measure launched products and feed insights back into product development process
- Clearly communicate plans, insights, data and results to a spectrum of audiences including executives, other product teams, and other decision-makers across Uber - both human and machine
What You'll Need
- A computer science undergraduate degree is highly preferred
- Minimum of 4 years of Product Management, Technical Program Management, Data Engineering, and/or Data Science experience
- Experience building products from zero to first release with your fingerprints all over them
- Experience applying Machine Learning / statistical inference technologies to a variety of complex problems is highly preferred
- Understanding of big-data processing pipelines (over Hadoop or similar technologies), distributed data stores, and distributed file systems
- A "driver" personality - constantly pushing toward clarity and delivery while balancing the need for great collaboration
- You know how to leverage data to make decisions without getting stuck in analysis paralysis
- A high bar across the board - from your own contributions to the people you work with to the products you work on
- Grittiness. You don't hesitate to roll up your sleeves and take on something hands-on, enjoy learning new things, and you persevere when others fall away
- Passion for Uber's mission and the company's hybrid technology / operations nature
- A never-ending desire to grow and learn
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Smart, engaged co-workers.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; take time when you need it.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top