Product Manager - FinTech
Uber has already found strong product/market fit with its world-changing service. But it is absolutely day one for us. We’re seeking a small group of unbelievably talented finance product leaders to define and execute against a giant vision that builds upon what Uber has brought to the world so far.
You’ll work among star engineers, financial system analysts and product managers in a fast-paced, rapidly growing, hybrid technology/operations environment. We deeply believe we can innovate our way out of any box. The role demands great financial and technical depth, principled thinking, well honed product judgment, a stubborn refusal to settle and bold innovation.
Sound like you? Read on…
As Finance PM, you will envision and execute financial product roadmap to enable an accurate, streamlined accounting and financial close process worldwide.
Your performance is measured by the impact of the systems, products and processes you launch and by your ability to work closely with a high-performing cross-functional team that includes counterparts in Accounting, Tax, FP&A, Product, Engineering and Operations.
- Build a roadmap for analytics product in collaboration with leaders within the finance organization
- Lead a cross-functional team to execute on building financial systems that spans across revenue, accounting and tax
- Run data analysis to identify process pain points and bottlenecks
- Dig deep into issues to identify operational/financial root causes and country-specific requirements
- Enable the revenue and accounts payable teams to easily reconcile data between internal systems, payment processors and bank statements
- Support automation of revenue and expense reasonability tests
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Deep passion and expertise in financial systems and product management.
- Bachelor’s or advanced degree in Finance and Data Analytics
- 5+ years of experience in Analytics, Engineering, Finance background with a strong systems knowledge
- Experience in developing real-time event based accounting system is preferred.
- Finger-tippiness with data: you just go get the data you need with no muss/fuss. You know how to leverage data to make decisions without getting stuck in analysis paralysis.
- You know and have done systems programming and you generally gravitate towards automation. You are an engineer at heart.
- Grittiness. You never hesitate to roll up your sleeves and tackle something hands-on, you persevere when others fall away.
- Passion for Uber’s mission and the company’s hybrid technology / operations nature.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top