Product Manager - FinTech
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it’s heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We’re making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we’re doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber’s positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
Uber has already found excellent product/market fit with its world-changing service; however, we are still at the early stages of establishing our internal infrastructure. We’re seeking a small group of unbelievably skilled finance product leaders to define and execute against a giant vision that improves upon what Uber has brought to the world so far. You’ll work among skilled engineers, financial system analysts and product managers in a fast-paced, rapidly growing, hybrid technology/operations environment. We deeply believe we can find innovative solutions out of any box. The role needs great financial and technical depth, ethical thinking, well honed product judgment, perseverance not to settle and bold innovation. Sound like you? We’d like to hear from you!
- As the Accounting Product Manager, you will envision and execute an accounting roadmap to enable an accurate, streamlined close process worldwide. Your performance is measured by the impact of the systems, products and processes you launch and by your ability to work closely with a high-performing cross-functional team that includes counterparts in Accounting, Product, Engineering and Operations.
What you’ll do
- Design systems to accelerate, streamline and ensure accuracy of close process.
- Lead a cross-functional team to execute on developing such systems.
- Run data analysis to identify process pain points and bottlenecks.
- Dig deep into issues to identify operational/financial root causes and country-specific requirements.
- Enable the revenue and accounts payable teams to easily reconcile data between internal systems, payment processors and bank statements.
- Support automation of revenue and expense reasonability tests.
What you’ll need
- Deep passion and expertise in accounting systems and product management.
- An accounting, finance or equivalent undergraduate degree.
- At least 3 years experience delivering highly successful accounting systems with your fingerprints all over them.
- Experience in developing real-time event based accounting system is preferred.
- Resourceful with data: you just go get the data you need with no muss/fuss.
- You know how to leverage data to make decisions without getting stuck in analysis paralysis.
- A high bar across the board – from your own contributions to the people you work with to the products you work on.
- A “driver” personality – constantly pushing toward clarity and delivery while balancing the need for great collaboration.
- Perseverance. You don’t hesitate to roll up your sleeves and address something hands-on, you persevere.
- Passion for Uber’s mission and the company’s hybrid technology / operations nature.
- A deep desire to grow and learn.
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Smart, engaged co-workers.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; take time when you need it.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top