Product Manager - Emerging Markets (Rider)
Uber's Bangalore Center is looking to hire senior product management leaders for the Emerging Rider Access charter. This key role within our Rider Products Core team will be pivotal in shaping Uber's rider growth trajectory in some of our most important emerging markets.
We are looking for experienced and entrepreneurial product leaders in the mobile applications space with a "co-founder" mind-set, to help build and scale a world- class product organization in Bangalore. If you are excited about fundamentally re- imagining transportation for the emerging world, impacting the lives of millions of riders in emerging regions, working with and learning from a phenomenal team of product, engineering, operations, and business leaders, this is the role for you.
In this role, you will use your deep knowledge at the intersection of mobile applications and emerging markets to discover new rider growth opportunities for Uber; combining strategic thinking with crisp execution to deliver unique value- creating products and services for our most important emerging markets including India, Brazil, and Southeast Asia.
Strong PM execution skills are a given; including but not limited to creating clear roadmaps; cross-functional collaboration; relentless prioritisation; understanding the difference between experiment, MVP, and whole-product; strong communications; and experience rolling out multiple products to market at scale. The ultimate measure of success in this role will be your direct impact on the growth and health of Uber's riders across the world.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Experience building and leading businesses in India or other relevant emerging markets, including ownership of business performance metrics.
- A technical undergraduate degree and/or equivalent work experience in a high growth company or startup. Technical understanding must go from the highest abstractions down to the metal.
- 5+ years of experience in delivering highly successful and innovative consumer Internet products with your fingerprints all over them - you're extremely proud of what you've accomplished.
- Stellar design instincts and product taste.
- A high bar across the board - from your own contributions to the
people you work with to the products you work on.
- A "driver" personality - constantly pushing toward clarity and delivery while balancing the need for great collaboration.
- Grittiness. You never hesitate to roll up your sleeves and tackle something hands-on, you persevere when others fall away.
- Finger-tippiness with data: you just go get the data you need with no muss/fuss and can whip it into an insightful story with no help. You know how to leverage data to make decisions without getting stuck in analysis paralysis.
- User-centricity - examples from your past of product challenges that you powered through because you were unwilling to make your problems your users' problems.
- Passion for Uber's mission and the company's hybrid technology / operations nature.
- A never-ending desire to grow and learn.
- Working with a world-class team
- Bridging the digital and physical worlds to improve lives of millions of
people in India
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- Gym reimbursement
Employees receive free and discounted Uber rides.
We're bringing Uber to every major city in India. We need brains and passion to make it happen and to make it happen in style.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top