Product Manager - Driver - Vehicle Solutions
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
The Role | Vehicle Advisor
As a PM in Uber's Vehicle Solutions team, you will envision, define, and lead execution of a product vision, strategy, and roadmap that create a seamless onboarding experience for drivers who do not yet own a car. You will develop onboarding experiences where a virtual concierge helps users find a vehicle without speaking to a real person. You will build a dream car pick-up experience where the transaction is effortless and drivers can pick-up their car and start driving in minutes. You will bring to our team of vehicle advisors the CRM tools and product support they need to guide users through the onboarding flow and help them find the right vehicle to get started on Uber.
The Role | Fleet Manager - Lifecycle
Around the world, a fascinating ecosystem has emerged on Uber's platform: Entrepreneurs ("Fleet managers") deploy multiple cars onto the Uber platform and then arrange for drivers to pilot those cars. Fleets account for a significant portion of the total vehicles on the road for Uber.
Yet, none of Uber's systems, tools, interfaces, or experiences are designed for or even contemplate the concept of a Fleet.
Your job is to fix this! We need an extraordinary Product manager to own this growing ecosystem and their experience end to end. This is a good fit for PMs that like to interact face to face with customers all over the world, and specifically product folks that like to build ecosystems of sellers (think eBay, etsy, amazon, etc).
The Role | Vehicle Solutions Hourly Rental Experience
One of the next big leaps is enabling micro-rentals, called Hourly Rentals. This will be achieved with both internal programs and external partnerships offering a range of engagement options (starting with hourly rentals, but expanding to weekend packages, weekly, long term leases, etc).
Your job is to bring Hourly Rentals to market, find product/market fit, and scale it globally. You will own and develop the experience end to end, including testing ways to enable seamless vehicle pickup and return, parking, pricing, billing visibility, support tools, in-app comms, etc. This is a start-up in a box!
What you'll be doing
- Internalize and deeply understand Uber's mission and strategies, as well as the mission and objectives of your specific team
- Distill vision and strategy for the team, get all members of cross-functional team #superpumped.
- Be incredibly truth-seeking. Collect whatever data is necessary to inform product direction, whether in the form of competitive intel, rider behavior or other business metrics. Solicit and adopt critical feedback.
- Drive cross-functional team to set qualitative objectives and quantitative goals
- Drive innovation, definition, deliverables planning (roadmap) and design of entirely new Uber products and product features to deliver against team and company goals. Requires challenging all members of cross-functional team (engineering, design, etc.) to think boldly and creatively and then to funnel that energy into concrete products and execution plans.
- Drive definition of and execution against product go-to-market plan, including phasing and marketing.
- Monitor and measure launched products and feed learnings back into product development process.
- Clearly communicate product plans, benefits and results, as appropriate, to a spectrum of audiences, from internal stakeholders to all Uber employees to riders.
Here are the kinds of skills we're looking for
- A computer science undergraduate degree or equivalent plus hands-on software engineering experience. Technical understanding must go from the highest abstractions down to the metal.
- Experience delivering highly successful and innovative consumer Internet products with your fingerprints all over them - you're extremely proud of what you've accomplished.
- Stellar design instincts and product taste - own what you build.
- A high bar across the board - from your own contributions to the people you work with to the products you work on.
- A "driver" personality - biased toward action, great collaborator and master disambiguator/simplifier - constantly pushing toward clarity and delivery.
- Grittiness. You never hesitate to roll up your sleeves and tackle something hands-on, you persevere when others fall away.
- Finger-tippiness with data: you just go get the data you need with no muss/fuss and can whip it into an insightful story with no help. You know how to leverage data to make decisions without getting stuck in analysis paralysis.
- Rider-centricity - examples from your past of tough product challenges that you powered through because you were unwilling to make your problems your riders' problems.
- True passion for Uber's mission and the company's hybrid technology / operations nature.
- A never-ending desire to grow and learn.
- Employees are showered with Uber credits each month.
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
Benefits (United States)
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
We're bringing Uber to every major city in the world. We need brains and passion to make it happen and to make it happen in style.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top