Product Manager - Driver Growth
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
Uber has already found strong product/market fit with its world-changing service. But it is day one for us. We're seeking a small group of unbelievably talented product leaders to define and execute against a giant vision that builds upon what Uber has brought to the world so far.
Uber runs two primary apps: one for riders (which you probably know) and one for drivers (which you may not yet, but you should -- get out on the road!). Both are heavily consumer-facing and transact tens of billions of dollars annually. As a PM team, many of our products & features span both apps, so you will be exposed to both rider and driver audiences in your career at Uber.
Sound Exciting? Read on to learn about a few of our priority Product roles:
The Role | Driver Funnel
Onboarding new drivers is the lifeblood that powers Uber's striking growth and creates a path to economic empowerment for millions of people every year. Your work helps those who need it most: millions of drivers use Uber to meet financial needs at all points on the continuum, from putting food on the table, to generating spending money during grad school, to saving up for a special vacation.
Serving drivers with these different needs & objectives, and considering a global scope, your role is complex and broad. As the PM lead of this team you will develop and execute on the vision, strategy and roadmap that enables anyone in the world to try driving, from signup to their first trip. You will also create an extensible platform that simplifies this process while creating a delightful experience for people across all our product lines (Ridesharing, Delivery, Freight and others in the future). You are highly customer obsessed, deep into data and user research, and excel at leading a talented team of engineers, designers, data scientists and others to deliver on this mission.
What you'll be doing in a Product Manager role on Driver:
- Internalize and deeply understand Uber's mission and strategies, as well as the mission and objectives of your specific team
- Distill vision and strategy for the team, get all members of cross-functional team #superpumped.
- Be deeply truth-seeking. Collect whatever data is necessary to inform product direction, whether in the form of competitive intel, rider behavior or other business metrics. Solicit and embrace critical feedback.
- Drive cross-functional team to set qualitative objectives and quantitative goals
- Drive innovation, definition, deliverables planning (roadmap) and design of entirely new Uber products and product features to deliver against team and company goals. Requires challenging all members of cross-functional team (engineering, design, etc.) to think boldly and creatively and then to funnel that energy into concrete products and execution plans.
- Drive definition of and execution against product go-to-market plan, including phasing and marketing.
- Monitor and measure launched products and feed insights back into product development process.
- Clearly communicate product plans, benefits and results, as appropriate, to a spectrum of audiences, from internal partners to all Uber employees to riders.
Here are the kinds of skills we're looking for:
- A computer science undergraduate degree or equivalent plus hands-on software engineering experience. Technical understanding must go from the highest abstractions down to the metal.
- Experience delivering highly successful and creative consumer Internet products with your fingerprints all over them - you're proud of what you've accomplished.
- Stellar design instincts and product taste - own what you build.
- A high bar across the board - from your own contributions to the people you work with to the products you work on.
- Grittiness. You never hesitate to roll up your sleeves and take something on, you persevere when others fall away.
- Finger-tippiness with data: you just go get the data you need with no muss/fuss and can whip it into an insightful story with no help. You know how to use data to make decisions without getting stuck in analysis paralysis.
- Rider-centricity - examples from your past of tough product challenges that you powered through because you were unwilling to make your problems your riders' problems.
- True passion for Uber's mission and the company's hybrid technology / operations nature.
- A never-ending desire to grow and learn.
- Employees are showered with Uber credits each month.
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
Benefits (United States)
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
We're bringing Uber to every major city in the world. We need brains and passion to make it happen and to make it happen in style.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top