Product Manager - Driver Engagement - Communications Platform
As a rockstar Product Manager within our Driver Engagement team, you’ll be responsible for developing a sophisticated method for understanding who our drivers are and the best ways to communicate with them. This team will be the engine that leads our driver cohorting model and builds the tools and systems to leverage our knowledge of drivers to efficiently target communications.
Experience in ranking, cohorting, machine learning, and data science is a plus.
- Internalize and deeply understand Uber’s mission and strategies, as well as the mission and objectives of your specific team
- Distill vision and strategy for the team, get all members of cross-functional team #superpumped.
- Be incredibly truth-seeking. Collect whatever data is necessary to inform product direction, whether in the form of competitive intel, rider behavior or other business metrics. Solicit and embrace critical feedback.
- Drive cross-functional team to set qualitative objectives and quantitative goals
- Drive innovation, definition, deliverables planning (roadmap) and design of entirely new Uber products and product features to deliver against team and company goals. Requires challenging all members of cross-functional team (engineering, design, etc.) to think boldly and creatively and then to funnel that energy into concrete products and execution plans.
- Drive definition of and execution against product go-to-market plan, including phasing and marketing.
- Monitor and measure launched products and feed learnings back into product development process.
- Clearly communicate product plans, benefits and results, as appropriate, to a spectrum of audiences, from internal stakeholders to all Uber employees to riders.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
- A computer science undergraduate degree or equivalent plus hands-on software engineering experience. Technical understanding must go from the highest abstractions down to the metal.
- 5+ years experience delivering highly successful and innovative consumer Internet products with your fingerprints all over them – you’re extremely proud of what you’ve accomplished
- Stellar design instincts and product taste
- A high bar across the board – from your own contributions to the people you work with to the products you work on.
- A “driver” personality – biased toward action, great collaborator and master disambiguator/simplifier – constantly pushing toward clarity and delivery.
- Grittiness. You never hesitate to roll up your sleeves and tackle something hands-on, you persevere when others fall away.
- Finger-tippiness with data: you just go get the data you need with no muss/fuss and can whip it into an insightful story with no help. You know how to leverage data to make decisions without getting stuck in analysis paralysis.
- Rider-centricity – examples from your past of tough product challenges that you powered through because you were unwilling to make your problems your riders’ problems.
- True passion for Uber’s mission and the company’s hybrid technology / operations nature.
- A never-ending desire to grow and learn.
- Employees are showered with Uber credits each month.
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
We’re bringing Uber to every major city in the world. We need brains and passion to make it happen and to make it happen in style.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top