Product Manager - Data Platform - Mobile App Health
Are you ready to challenge yourself to an opportunity to impact millions of users across all of Uber Apps (rider/driver-partner/eats), and measure yourself against the top line revenue impact?
Our team mission is “Our mobile apps are as reliable as running water” and we accomplish this by driving mobile app health via business & engineering metrics while remaining truly customer obsessed. We are the go-to team that brings visibility to metrics and provides fast actionable feedback to engineers, PMs, and operations across 400+ cities by focusing end-to-end on prevention, detection, mitigation, and resolution.
We work with a multitudes of signals (for example: crashes, network performance, app performance, etc) and scale of data points throughout the release cycle and in production. Our success will be determined by creating scalable platforms and experiences across multiple dimensions: SDKs, monitoring, alerting, ticketing, reporting, data-visualization, etc.
You will get a rare opportunity to work within our on consumer space across all of Uber Apps and drive internal facing tools. Are you in?
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Internalize and deeply understand Uber’s mission and strategies, as well as how the maps team mission and objectives of your specific team factor into the company strategy.
- Be incredibly truth-seeking. Collect whatever data is necessary to inform product direction, whether in the form of competitive intel, rider behavior or other business metrics. Solicit and embrace critical feedback.
- Drive cross-functional team to set qualitative objectives and quantitative goals
- Drive innovation, definition, deliverables planning (roadmap) and design of entirely new products and product features to deliver against team and company goals. This will include impacting consumer facing and internal products.
- Challenge members of cross-functional team (engineering, design, etc.) to think boldly and creatively and then funnel that energy into concrete products and execution plans.
- Drive definition of and execution against product go-to-market plan, including phasing and marketing.
- Monitor and measure launched products and feed learnings back into product development process.
- Clearly communicate product plans, benefits and results, as appropriate, to a spectrum of audiences, from internal stakeholders to all Uber employees to riders.
Qualifications & Requirements
- A computer science undergraduate degree or other engineering degree equivalent.
- 2-5 years experience delivering highly successful and innovative dev platforms or reporting platforms with your fingerprints all over them – you’re extremely proud of what you’ve accomplished
- Strong understanding of Mobile development, Mobile Networking, and Performance technical domains
- Being data driven is a second nature for you. You know how to leverage data to make decisions without getting stuck in analysis paralysis
- A “driver” personality – constantly pushing toward clarity and delivery while balancing the need for great collaboration.
- A high bar across the board – from your own contributions to the people you work with to the products you work on.
- Grittiness. You don’t hesitate to roll up your sleeves and tackle something hands-on, enjoy learning new things, and you persevere when others fall away.
- Passion for Uber’s mission and the company’s hybrid technology / operations nature.
- A never-ending desire to grow and learn.
- Employees are showered with Uber credits each month.
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
Benefits (United States)
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
Uber is evolving the way the world moves. By seamlessly connecting people, places, and things through our apps, we make cities more accessible and open up possibilities for riders, drivers, and businesses alike. To continue to improve our products and expand into new markets, Uber needs to hire the best and brightest talent across the globe at a lightning pace.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top