Product Manager - Data Platform - Experimentation
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
Job DescriptionAt A GlanceWe are looking for an experienced product manager to lead our experimentation team. In this role, you will build the platform that brings intelligence to everything we ship, from code changes, to product launches and experiments.This team is at the ground zero of Uber's innovation engine. And with your help, we will build the most important tool for decision making at the company.About the RoleYou'll lead a cross-functional team of engineers, data scientists, and designers that owns:
- Experimentation across our mobile apps, backend services, websites, and communication channels
- Robust analytics system, including the pipeline for canonical business and product metrics
- Configuration dashboard for running experiments
- Real-time health monitoring to detect, alert, and roll back regressions
You have at least 5 years experience building data products (ideally creating A/B testing or analytics systems in a prior role), a strong technical background, and a commitment to building highly efficient and scalable systems. You possess entrepreneurial tenacity and thrive in fast-moving, high-ambiguity environments along with awesome judgment, A+ collaboration, communication and problem-solving skills.What You'll Do
- Internalize and deeply understand Uber's growth strategy - and then align your team's mission and roadmap with this direction.
- Craft a coherent product vision and execution strategy for your team to achieve product adoption among engineers, product managers, and data scientists using your software.
- Guide your team to build tools that rapidly attain internal product-market fit and widespread adoption among those responsible for making Uber grow.
- Execute. This means being constantly biased towards action, knowing the data, being in the details, setting a high bar and building strong collaborative relationships with other teams, thinking boldly, disambiguating, always thinking of the customer first and rapidly iterating towards something demonstrably awesome.
What You'll Need
- A computer science undergraduate degree or equivalent plus hands-on software engineering experience. Technical understanding of the systems you propose to build.
- At least five years experience leading and leading cross-functional product teams that delivered solutions related to user engagement and activation
- Great design instincts and product taste.
- A high bar across the board - from your own contributions to the people you work with to the products you work on.
- A "driver" personality - biased toward action, great collaborator and master disambiguator/simplifier - constantly pushing toward clarity and delivery.
- Data-driven mindset; ability to leverage data to make decisions without getting stuck in analysis paralysis.
- True user-centricity and deep empathy for a wide variety of stakeholders.
- True passion for Uber's mission and the company's hybrid technology / operations nature.
- A strong entrepreneurial bent. You never hesitate to roll up your sleeves and tackle something hands-on, you persevere when others fall away, you get it done.
- An unquenchable desire to help Uber be the fastest growing company in the world.
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Smart, engaged co-workers.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; take time when you need it.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top