Product Manager - Data Platform - Data Infrastructure
We are looking to hire rockstar Product Managers to lead our efforts to build and scale Uber’s next-generation Data Infrastructure!
Data volumes at Uber are growing exponentially. All of Uber relies heavily on these rich datasets to gain deep insights and to make real-time business decisions. As a Product Manager, you will help define the strategy, drive requirements and deliver products that power end-to-end data pipelines: from event emission all the way through to BI and Data applications built on top of our data.
To win at this job, you will need strong Computer Science fundamentals, deep background in building scalable systems, A+ communication and collaboration skills, an entrepreneurial bent, and an unquenchable desire to help Uber become the smartest company in the world.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Internalize and deeply understand Uber’s mission and strategy, as well as the mission and objectives of multiple teams under your leadership
- Own multiple teams and multiple projects working toward a scalable data infrastructure that supports your internal customers’ needs. Attain internal product-market fit and widespread product adoption among data consumers at Uber
- Recruit, manage, coach and lead a team of highly technical Product Managers. Ensure strong team dynamics, team + individual team member performance, growth and #superpumpedness
- Be in the details. Know your team’s work in depth; get your hands dirty a lot
- Work closely with other teams at Uber to ensure efficient and productive working relationships
- Lead by example. Be incredibly truth-seeking and finger-tippy with data, set a high bar for the team to think boldly and creatively and then to funnel that energy into concrete products and execution plans, move fast, be biased toward action
What You’ll Need
- A computer science undergraduate degree or equivalent plus hands-on software engineering experience. Technical understanding must go from the highest abstractions down to the metal
- 3+ years experience leading product teams that delivered solutions related to data infrastructure at scale
- Deep familiarity with cutting edge of data technologies, including Hadoop, Hive, Spark, data warehousing solutions, and in-memory databases
- A high bar across the board – from your own contributions to the people you work with to the products you work on.
- A “driver” personality – biased toward action, great collaborator and master disambiguator/simplifier – constantly pushing toward clarity and delivery.
- Grittiness. You never hesitate to roll up your sleeves and tackle something hands-on, you persevere when others fall away.
- Customer-centricity – examples from your past of tough product challenges that you powered through because you were unwilling to make your problems your customers’ problems
- True passion for Uber’s mission and the company’s hybrid technology / operations nature
- Employees are showered with Uber credits each month.
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
We’re bringing Uber to every major city in the world. We need brains and passion to make it happen and to make it happen in style.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top