Product Manager - Customer Relationships Platform - Data & Analytics
We are looking for an Product Manager (Data) to focus on building and enhancing marketing dashboards, reports and analytical tools and services for use by Uber marketers. As an expert in data and analytics, you will be responsible for reimagining how we use technology and data to enable make smart marketing decisions at Uber. You’ll wear multiple hats, including product manager, project manager, business analyst, and even scrum master for data products and solutions. You will be bridging the gap between business and engineering, and functioning with deep expertise in both worlds.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Internalize and deeply understand Uber’s mission and strategies, as well as how the mission and objectives of your specific team factor into the company strategy.
- Fully own and drive the enablement of Uber’s marketing channel specific solutions, both for end-users and internal consumers.
- Be incredibly truth-seeking. Collect whatever data is necessary to inform product direction, whether in the form of competitive intel, rider behavior or other business metrics. Solicit and embrace critical feedback.
- Drive a cross-functional team to set qualitative objectives and quantitative goals.
- Drive innovation, definition, deliverables planning (roadmap) and design of entirely new Uber products and product features to deliver against team and company goals.
- Challenge all members of cross-functional teams (engineering, design, etc.) to think boldly and creatively, and then to funnel that energy into concrete products and execution plans.
- Drive definition of and execution against product go-to-market plan, including phasing and marketing.
- Monitor and measure launched products and feed learnings back into the product development process.
- Clearly communicate product plans, benefits, and results, as appropriate, to a spectrum of audiences – from internal stakeholders to riders.
Qualifications & Requirements
- A computer science undergraduate degree or equivalent plus hands-on software engineering experience.
- 2-5 years experience delivering highly successful and innovative consumer Internet products with your fingerprints all over them – you’re extremely proud of what you’ve accomplished.
- Experience building marketing related product desired, but not required.
- Stellar design instincts and product taste.
- A high bar across the board – from your own contributions to the people you work with to the products you work on.
- A “driver” personality – biased toward action, great collaborator and master disambiguator/simplifier – constantly pushing toward clarity and delivery.
- Grittiness. You never hesitate to roll up your sleeves and tackle something hands-on, you persevere when others fall away.
- Finger-tippiness with data: you get the data you need with no muss/fuss and can whip it into an insightful story with no help. You know how to leverage data to make decisions without getting stuck in analysis paralysis.
- True passion for Uber’s mission and the company’s hybrid technology / operations nature.
- A never-ending desire to grow and learn.
- Employees are showered with Uber credits each month.
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
Benefits (United States)
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top