Product Manager - Customer Obsession
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
About the Role
When figuring out to do, we start with what is best for our customer. That can be hard, but we refuse to settle. Instead, we innovate to deliver magical experiences for both the drivers and riders using the Uber platform. Many companies talk about being customer-focused, but we are customer obsessed. We are committed to figuring out what matters to our customers and then doing everything in our power to deliver it.
As a Senior Product Manager for Customer Obsession, you will be responsible for the strategy and development of self-service and proactive support systems to deliver exceptional customer experiences across mobile, web and in-person engagement platforms for Riders, Drivers, Eaters, Restaurants and Businesses using Uber. You will be using best of breed technologies, and latest machine learning and data science techniques to accomplish this at scale that has never been done before in the industry.
What You'll Do / What You'll Need / Bonus Points / About the Team
What You'll Do
- Lead product and delivery software systems for Uber customers and operations teams to self-serve and solve issues across mobile, web and in-person engagement platforms.
- Work closely with a massive global community operations organization to build efficient and scalable customer support experiences
- Internalize and deeply understand Uber's mission and strategies, as well as the mission and objectives of your specific team
- Distill vision and strategy for the team, get all members of cross-functional team #superpumped.
- Be incredibly truth-seeking. Collect whatever data is necessary to inform product direction, whether in the form of competitive intel, rider behavior or other business metrics. Solicit and welcome critical feedback.
- Drive cross-functional team to set qualitative objectives and quantitative goals
- Drive innovation, definition, deliverables planning (roadmap) and design of entirely new Uber products and product features to deliver against team and company goals. Requires challenging all members of cross-functional team (engineering, design, etc.) to think boldly and creatively and then to funnel that energy into concrete products and execution plans.
- Drive definition of and execution against product go-to-market plan, including phasing and marketing.
- Make tradeoff decisions based on technical and business insights and experimentation
- Monitor and measure launched products and feed insights back into product development process to drive growth
- Clearly communicate product plans, benefits and results, as appropriate, to a spectrum of audiences, from internal stakeholders to Uber executives, employees to riders.
What You'll Need
This role demands real passion for the customer, great technical depth, principled thinking, well-honed product judgment, a stubborn refusal to settle, bold innovation, a high design bar and a mentality of starting with the customer first and working backwards
- A computer science undergraduate degree or other engineering degree equivalent.
- Excellent understanding of Mobile development, Mobile Networking, and Performance technical domains.
- Data-driven decision making ability.
- A "driver" personality - constantly pushing toward clarity and delivery while balancing the need for great collaboration.
- High standards across the board - from your own contributions to the people you work with to the products you work on.
- Grittiness: You don't hesitate to take initiative and address something hands-on, you persevere when others give up.
- Passion for Uber's mission and the company's hybrid technology / operations nature.
- A deep desire to grow and learn.
About the Team
The Global Intelligence team uses scalable (i.e. real-time, global) data and insights to inform decision-making across Uber - both human and machine.
Back to top