Product Manager - Business Platform - [SF & Palo Alto] Semantic Platforms
Semantic Platforms is a collection of teams that maintain our core business data and infrastructure. Users & trips are among the vast amount of operational services at Uber that you’ll be responsible for scaling and expanding as the company continues to grow at an unprecedented rate across 470+ cities and counting.
If you’ve got a technical background, a keen business sense and an excitement for Uber’s massive scale, then a role on this team could be a perfect fit!
Key platforms your team will own include:
- Trips/Jobs: At Uber we refer to things being at “Trip Scale”. Manage a service that is growing at a hypergrowth pace while keeping up support for with new products such as UberPOOL & UberEATS.
- Users: Riders, drivers, merchants, etc. Uber has a constantly expanding array of customers that use our marketplace every day to do business. Enable the newest lines of Uber products to be built and rolled out faster than ever.
- Territories: Uber is a global company with a lot of geospatial product needs. Regions, countries, cities, etc, all need to be supported with very clear definitions and rules behind them.
- Vehicles: You can’t complete a trip without a vehicle. Managing Uber’s massive number of vehicles stored in our system and keeping the data uniform and consistent is a huge challenge and critical to our success.
Qualifications & Requirements
- A computer science undergraduate degree or equivalent plus hands-on software engineering experience. Technical understanding must go from the highest abstractions down to the metal.
- 5+ years experience delivering highly successful and innovative consumer Internet products with your fingerprints all over them – you’re extremely proud of what you’ve accomplished
- Stellar design instincts and product taste
- A high bar across the board – from your own contributions to the people you work with to the products you work on.
- A “driver” personality – biased toward action, great collaborator and master disambiguator/simplifier – constantly pushing toward clarity and delivery.
- Grittiness. You never hesitate to roll up your sleeves and tackle something hands-on, you persevere when others fall away.
- Finger-tippiness with data: you just go get the data you need with no muss/fuss and can whip it into an insightful story with no help. You know how to leverage data to make decisions without getting stuck in analysis paralysis.
- Rider-centricity – examples from your past of tough product challenges that you powered through because you were unwilling to make your problems your riders’ problems.
- True passion for Uber’s mission and the company’s hybrid technology / operations nature.
- A never-ending desire to grow and learn.
- Employees are showered with Uber credits each month.
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
Benefits (United States)
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
We’re bringing Uber to every major city in the world. We need brains and passion to make it happen and to make it happen in style.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top