Product Manager - Advanced Technologies Group / ATG - Autonomy (Perception)
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
About the Role
As a Product Manager for Perception Autonomy, you will be driving and building the product experiences that improve the daily lives of your colleagues and have a large impact on the autonomous cars software stack. You will deeply understand our business, will focus on areas that improve our autonomy efficiencies and be the voice for the user.
You will be working in the perception and machine learning group that is pushing the envelope with bleeding edge technology and industry veterans. These core technology stack will apply traditional software autonomy and machine learning to enhance automation process. Having an understanding of how machine learning is a huge plus. Currently this group works on research topics around applying deep learning and computer vision. They are also working on the first commercially available autonomous car to be launched in 2018.This position will be more focused on technical direction and evaluating trends and new cutting edge technologies. You will go to conferences and work closely with leading academics. Being an R&D environment, this won't be a marketing, working with customers type role.
What You'll Do / What You'll Need / Bonus Points / About the Team
What You'll Do
- Develop the vision and drive the execution on how Uber ATG is managing perception autonomy team with end user obsession is required
- Understand the needs of our internal teams and abstract problems and requests to build scalable software along with your partners in engineering and design
- Understand the business objectives within various areas of Uber ATG and how those objectives impact people doing the work
- Interface sensor requirements based on perception software needs to autonomous hardware engineers
- Develop strong relationships, trust and with other autonomy teams (Prediction, Motion Planning)
- Develop products that are well designed with the user always in mind
- Define and analyze metrics that inform the success of products
- Lead the team to execute launches and post-launch iteration with relentless attention to detail
What You'll Need
- Minimum 5 years product management, preferably in the machine learning or image detection space
- Understanding of the technical architecture of complex and highly scalable applications
- Demonstrated ability to lead and execute multiple cross-functional projects
- Intuition for what makes a great product, high attention to detail
Bonus Points For
- Experience developing internal products, technologies, and Machine Learning
- Autonomous (Drone, Cars, Commercial or Defense Autopilot) software experience
About the Team
Self-driving vehicles have the potential to make our roads safer, more connected, and less congested. At Uber ATG, we are building the technologies, teams, and products to bring these benefits to the world.
Back to top