Product Manager - AdTech - Display Optimization
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
About the Role
In order to maintain our high growth numbers, Uber spends hundreds of millions of dollars around the world on marketing channels including Search, Programmatic Display, Affiliates, and job boards. We are looking for a candidate with deep technical expertise in how these systems work and how they can be improved. This expertise will require a strong background in experimentation, attribution, and the digital advertising landscape.
You will need to create and own products from ideation to implementation that optimize Uber's ability to bid for targeted ads at scale. You will work closely with world-class Engineering teams, Product Managers, Marketing, Operations, Technical Program Managers, Data scientists, and Designers. You will interface with nearly every aspect of the Uber organization - from Marketing to Finance, from Maps to Marketplace. If successful, you will change the course of Ad Buying at Uber and create a world-class architecture that fuels and supports our unprecedented growth.
What You'll Do / What You'll Need / Bonus Points / About the Team
What You'll Do
- Craft a coherent product vision and execution strategy for tools and products for marketers (and/or machines) to run efficient marketing strategies in a scalable manner
- Internalize and deeply understand Uber's growth strategy - and then align your team's mission and roadmap with this direction
- Build alignment with marketing stakeholders, engineering, analytics, and design
- Execute -- be constantly biased towards action, know the data, curious about the details, setting a high bar and building strong collaborative relationships with other teams, thinking boldly, disambiguating, always thinking of the customer first and rapidly iterating towards something demonstrably awesome.
What You'll Need
- Minimum of 2 years of Product Management experience with at least 5 years of total experience
- Computer science undergraduate degree or equivalent plus hands-on software engineering experience
- Deep technical understanding of how Programmatic Display, Google UAC & AdWords work
- Understanding of integration with advertising partners, including the use of API calls to integrate with display, search, and job boards
- Deep understanding of attribution methodology and vendors live in the space
- Familiarity with Google analytics, Tealium, Tune and other similar tracking tools
- Experience in delivering solutions related to ad tracking and marketing data platforms at scale
- Experience with big data systems
Bonus Points for
- Experience working at a DSP, SSP, or an Ad server as a PM
About the Team
The AdTech Product team interfaces with Uber's marketing team to enable them to make informed decisions on Uber's advertising spend.
Back to top