Product Designer, Seattle
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
We are hiring product design roles in Seattle to continue building a premier design team. Uber has already found excellent product/market fit with its world-changing service, but it is absolutely day one for us. We're seeking a small group of unbelievably skilled and thoughtful designers to define and execute against a giant vision that builds upon what Uber has brought to the world so far.
Join the Uber Design team, you'll work among design oriented engineers, product managers and some of the best designers in a fast-paced, rapidly growing, hybrid (technology/operations) environment.
We are highly user-centric and we sincerely believe we can innovate our way out of any box. The role demands great execution, bold innovation, passion with quality, boldness and optimism to be inspired by the unknown and never settle, solving problems with creativity while keeping the user in mind and passion to take projects to the finish line.
Check out some of our work on https://www.uber.design/
Who you are
- You're a generalist with a sweet spot, or a specialist looking to broaden your skills: You focus on UI or UX. We're interested in skilled designers first, titles a distant second.
- You believe in craftsmanship and create elegant and compelling designs, over and over: Your portfolio has some exceptional work. You're knowledgeable of microinteractions in use (on mobile, web, desktop, etc), and have nuanced views on how to make many of them even better.
- You've shipped product: You've weathered release cycles and know what details matter at each stage, how to motivate engineers to get the fit and finish right, how to translate insights from user studies into meaningful action, and what's most likely to go afoul at each stage. You can share several shining examples of real work you've shipped, and what you learned along the way.
- You meaningfully contribute to defining the 'what' as well as the 'how': You're a product manager's secret weapon. You thrive best when helping to define the requirements, not just translating them into designs. You facilitate and draw the best design ideas from teammates.
- You can think and talk about the bottom line: Analytics don't scare you, and you know which features can act as multipliers on your company's business model.
- Prototyping is a key part of your toolset: You've prototyped on multiple platforms. You've made last-minute tweaks between user studies. You know how to be speedy and resourceful, but dream of better prototyping tools.
- Cross-platform is your style: Hopefully you've shipped something across several platforms. You know what translates from desktop and what doesn't, or why you'd opt for one solution for iOS and another on Android.
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Smart, engaged co-workers.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; take time when you need it.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top