Product Analyst, Revenue Products
Uber Overview..Job Description
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
Uber Technologies, at only six years old, is already one of the fastest growing startups in history. One reason for Uber's incredible success is the tight feedback loop between Product, Data, and Engineering teams. We are looking to enrich the data being used across the company by internally publishing real-time financial data. In doing so, teams around the company can make much more informed and smart decisions on their product. In order to fulfill this vision, Finance has assembled a team of product managers and engineers, and we are seeking a Product Analyst to be the data lynchpin of our team.
In this position, you will get an amazing opportunity to play a critical role in implementing/building a wide array of financial systems. Your performance is measured by the insights you give, effectiveness of communication, and the initiative to drive ideas and implement them into action.
What you'll do:
- Work with Accounting, FP&A, Tax, technical teams, and other stakeholders (such as city teams across the globe) in serving relevant, informative insights
- Build predictive models that will better detect anomalies, estimate accruals, and resolve financial imbalances
- Get a deep understanding about the process and data flows involved in order to document and communicate with stakeholders
What you'll need
- a minimum of 1-2 years of experience in a technology, consulting, or investment banking.
- Strong data, statistics, and analytical skills. Good grasp of SQL
- Exception Excel / data management skills - many say they are great at Excel, fewer truly are. Ideal candidate brings some impressive know-how (and the understanding that there's always more to learn)
- A passion for hacking things together in order to solve the hardest problems
- Strong communication and organization skills
- Team player
Bonus points if you have:
- Programming experience in R, Python
- Data nerd: loves data and all its faults, benefits, and opportunities
- Hacker: Understands how to execute, build, and get things done with limited resources
- Strategic thinker: Uses data to drive decision making. Not just for the present but for the long-term.
- Employees are provided with Uber credits each month.
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically urges people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top