Process Excellence Leader
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 500 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the women and men who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
Uber is looking for a leader to drive and grow process excellence capability throughout our global support business. It's no small task as this is the engine behind Uber's outstanding support experience for both our riders and our partner-drivers.
Do you have strong process and analytical skills? Are you a proven team player, inspirational and competent trainer and coach? Do you strive to teach people how to improve process through lean six sigma process excellence methods? Then let's talk.
Uber is evolving the way the world moves. By seamlessly connecting riders to drivers through our apps, we make cities more accessible, opening up more possibilities for riders and more business for drivers. Uber Community Operations' mission is provide world class support to the Uber "Community" – riders and driver partners – and the process excellence team is a key component to this end by relentlessly driving waste elimination and efficiency gains across our global network via the application of Lean Six Sigma methods.
The Process Excellence Capability Leader is charged with the development and rollout of Uber's internal Lean Six Sigma training program that will ultimately help create a sustained culture of lean, defect reduction, and tenacious process and policy harmonisation and improvement. He/she will develop the internal programs and deploy them across our support network. This will involve close collaboration with contact centre management teams, our own centres of excellence and the possible expansion into product development teams, city operation teams and other teams outside of support. You are a inspirational, methodical but creative leader and love the challenge of large multi-partner initiatives that requires you to innovate, lead, influence, and think both strategically and tactically.
You must thrive in a global scope environment that is fast paced, constantly changing and growing. Many of the problems and challenges we face have no textbook solution, so the ability to invent is critical.
A day in the life may include:
- Global roll out of the Process Excellence foundations training for people leaders.
- Development and ownership of the process excellence capability strategy.
- Identify and work with third party vendors to develop strategic partnerships to enable the capability strategy.
- Support and drive network wide Kaizen and DMAIC projects to deliver tangible measurements of continuous improvement in the areas of waste reduction, customer effort, and process improvement, either lead by you or as part of a global team.
- Develop dashboard reporting to measure the impact and deployment of the capability program. Provide monthly updates to key stakeholders.
- Extensive data analysis and data mining as necessary to identify root cause issues, develop action plans, measure impact of actions taken, and adjust as necessary to ultimately solving the problem (no matter how large or small the scale).
- Coach, train, and mentor site management, associate and project teams on the Lean Six Sigma philosophy and project management. Build a culture of process excellence throughout our organisation.
- Collaborate with People Development and L&D functions to ensure your work fits into the overall employee journey that they work on.
- Bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited university.
- 5+ years' experience using analysis to drive improvements through the application of Lean and/or Six Sigma tools and concepts.
- Experience in developing and rolling out company wide training programs.
- Project management experience.
- Great interpersonal and stakeholder management skills with experience communicating and presenting to groups.
- Experience in or demonstrated ability to lead people/teams without formal responsibility and interacting and building rapport with teams of all levels..
- Travel required.
- Six Sigma Green or Black Belt.
- Mastery of SQL, Google sheets, Excel, Google slides, Word and a statistical package.
- Self starter capable of taking initiative and working with minimal direction under remote leadership.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top