Uber is changing the world, and we’re looking for a Privacy Counsel to help us do it. The Privacy Counsel will work closely with teams throughout Uber, including Legal, Security and Privacy-Engineering, to ensure that Uber’s privacy and data security programs comply with laws, promote user privacy and choice, and carefully protect our users’ data. This role is based at Uber’s San Francisco headquarters.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Advise Uber’s Security and Privacy-Engineering teams about requirements for processing and securing our users’ data, including regarding data collection, access, deletion and portability.
- Review policies, products and features to assess legal compliance across multiple jurisdictions, from the early stages of development through launch.
- Advise on compliance across all aspects of global privacy law and regulation, including GDPR, with specific focus on areas including data security, retention, access, and breach notice requirements.
- Issue spot and provide wide-ranging legal advice to the Legal-Privacy and other teams, including issues such as: consumer protection, data protection, intellectual property litigation risk, marketing, transactional and commercial law, licensing, and antitrust.
WHAT YOU ARE
- 5+ years of experience, including in-house, privacy and/or product counseling experience.
- Strong technology lawyer with a wide range of knowledge and experience across the substantive legal areas relevant to privacy and data security.
- Knowledgeable about software development and generally tech-savvy.
- Strong knowledge regarding global privacy and data security requirements, particularly GDPR.
- Excited to work in a fast-paced environment where trailblazing through cutting-edge legal issues is the norm.
- Collaborative, thoughtful, passionate about your work, and good sense of humor.
- Enthusiastic about Uber!
- Admission in and good standing with one or more State’s Bar.
BENEFITS (U.S.) PERKS
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it
- We’re not just another social web app: we’re moving real assets and real people around their cities
- Ground floor ooportunity with the privacy and product team, you’ll have the opportunity to establish and define this role for the company while tackling legal issues of first impression — your job will matter and you will never be bored
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top