Policy Development Manager - Sao Paulo
Our mission is to deliver transportation as reliable as running water for everyone, everywhere. To do this, we are looking for a Policy Development Manager based in Sao Paulo to help us ensure that we are shaping the policy agenda and meeting regulatory requirements in cities around Brazil. The Policy Development Manager will conduct policy analysis and research, and deeply integrate our business operations teams with our policy, legal, and communications teams.
Our Operations teams take our global product and localize it to an assigned market, while creating thousands of economic opportunities for drivers, and making transportation cheaper and more accessible for our riders. Meanwhile, our support teams—Policy, Communications, and Legal—tell our story to the public and to policymakers, help remove potential blockers, and secure the necessary permissions that we need in order to operate and grow.
You will act as a bridge between Operations and support teams, filling a cross-functional role that requires both quantitative and public policy analysis skills. You will need to marry data with storytelling, and analysis with strategy.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Quantify the impact of regulations and legal risks; translate abstract policies into metrics applicable to city operations. Conduct analysis of our marketplace and partner behavior to identify and eliminate noncompliance, and work with operations to find solutions that balance growth with compliance
- Coordination and Stakeholder Management. Build deep connections with Legal, Policy, and Communications teams to monitor emerging threats and opportunities, and be the voice of Operations in cross-functional discussions.
- Tracking and Reporting. Analyze and report out on regulatory compliance across Brazil, working closely with Legal, Policy, Community Operations and City Teams
- Product Improvement. Proactively champion new features which could improve regulatory compliance and reduce legal and reputational risk.
- Take ownership of Uber’s growth in the region and do whatever it takes to get the job done
WHAT YOU NEED
- Project management / PMO skillset, working with stakeholders around Latin America to drive home projects. You’re bilingual in data and storytelling, and know how to translate technical analysis into a human narrative.
- Data is your bottom line; you use business judgement and experimentation to measure the effect of our reputation and abstract policies on our growth and profitability.
- You have the creativity to confront policy risks with new, original solutions—from adapting language to fit our public narrative, to product changes that keep us consistent with our values.
- Ability to take initiative in a constantly-changing work environment
- Highly organized, always on top of the big picture and all the details, and able to drive competing internal stakeholders toward a common solution
- Startup (all-hands-on-deck) “I bust my ass because I love it” approach
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Law, Math, Statistics, Economics, Finance or similar field preferred
- SQL knowledge a big plus, but not required
- Consulting, Accounting, Legal or Banking background with numbers/excel driven decision instincts
- Project Management
- Regulatory compliance background with a willingness to roll up your sleeves
- Tech enthusiast with product development and management experience
- Engineering background with dreams of applying similar process to people processes
- Full-time salary negotiable based on experience, healthcare, and equity (shares)
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top