PLM System Administrator
At ATG, we are ambitious, engaged and excited about transforming the way the world moves. With locations in Pittsburgh, San Francisco, and Toronto, the Advanced Technologies Group is comprised of Uber's self-driving engineering team dedicated to self-driving technologies, mapping, and vehicle safety. Our teams are passionate about developing long-term technologies that advance Uber's mission of bringing safe, reliable transportation to everyone, everywhere.
Our work doesn't end with transporting people. We are also developing self-driving truck technology to move goods more safely and cost effectively around the world. We are working to make the process of moving people and goods safer and more efficient.
Uber ATG Hardware Team; Are you a great engineer who excels at managing complex and rapidly evolving designs? Are you an independent problem solver with a high level of technical curiosity? Are you excited about building infrastructure to help bring new technologies from prototype to production? UATG is hiring a Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) System Administrator to expand our hardware team and help bring our ideas to market.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Leading technical implementation of complex product lifecycle management system
- Implement new configuration management and design control processes
- Develop custom tools to manage design data and product workflow
Here are the kinds of skills we're looking for:
- 5+ years experience administering an enterprise level PLM system
- Configurations, Workflows, Security Roles/Groups, Troubleshooting, Root Cause
- experience implementing and expanding PLM feature sets
- experience with integrating CAD packages (MCAD/ECAD) and other data sources
- experience executing and/or overseeing software development projects
- strong database and SQL skills (Oracle, SQL Server, etc.)
- knowledge of required infrastructure components (Windows Server, web services, etc.)
- experience with Application Program Interfaces (APIs) and programming skills
- maintaining engineering processes, documentation, and configuration management
Bonus points if you have experience:
- deploying a PLM system from the ground up within an organization
- in administration of various MCAD/ECAD packages
- in automotive and or safety related applications
- in prototype development
- in agile project environments
- BS in Engineering, a related field, or equivalent work experience
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, paid company holidays and Uber credits.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
We're bringing Uber to every major city in the world. We need brains and passion to make it happen and to make it happen in style.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top