Planning & Forecasting Lead
The Planning & Forecasting Lead owns the budget, forecasts and drives smart data-driven decisions for the Community Operations organization, which is responsible for providing customer support to the rider and driver-partner community.
Based in San Francisco, but working with teams around the world, this role will drive and support our financial planning, forecasting, reporting and analysis efforts. Leveraging financial, operational and analytical experience from challenging environments in the past, this person will manage a small team of analysts and will be instrumental in driving our business forward.
The ideal candidate for this role should have strong finance and analytical skills, phenomenal teamwork and stakeholder management, experience managing a team, excellent time-management and organizational habits, and the ability to clearly communicate and present information to seek buy-in.
What you’ll be doing:
- Planning and forecasting — work closely with regional Community Operations leaders and Finance to orchestrate the budgeting and control processes
- Budget / cost reviews — analyze variances between actuals, forecast, and plan – use insights to iterate on forecasts and create action
- Sophisticated financial modeling — build models from scratch, improve existing ones, break complex models down into components that consolidate-you can do it all
- Special projects — apply business judgment and financial insights to assist with decision making
- Lead — manage, coach and mentor the Global Community Operations planning and forecasting team
Here are the kinds of skills we’re looking for:
- 5+ years of investment banking / consulting / corporate finance / operational FP&A or related experience; high-growth operations or startup experience
- Proven ability to be an effective leader managing teams
- Strategic thinking — while this is a finance role, the ability to understand strategic business drivers will be essential to your success
- Elite Excel skills — no other way to say it, you’re a badass. Best practices are second-nature, your models are efficient, scalable and intuitive – you can handle complexity but strive for simplicity
- Exceptional communication and people skills — numbers are key, but a business is built with people
- Team player — this is a highly collaborative and supportive function
- Balance attention to detail with swift execution — we need to do things quickly, and we need to do them well
- Hustle — hustle and passion are the lifeblood of Uber!
Bonus points if you have:
- Customer service experience
- SQL proficiency
- Accounting qualifications
- Employees are given Uber credits every month
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it
We’re bringing Uber to every major city in the world. We need brains and passion to make it happen and to make it happen in style.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top