Photo Operations Manager
UBER is seeking a highly knowledgeable and passionate Photo Operations Supervisor to join our growing Production team in San Francisco (HQ). This is a role for someone motivated to innovate, drive and manage a best-in-class photography platform. This person will maintain a scalable platform for photo needs and act is point person for the diverse photography needs of Uber’s global business. The ability to cultivate and maintain strong relationships with internal creative and marketing teams and internal and external production partners is a must as are strong organizational skills and passion for Photo creation and curation.
This person must be organized, creative, quick-on-their-feet, solutions-driven, and upbeat to succeed in an extremely fast-paced environment.
Expectations and Roles:
- Build, curate and manage a scalable photography platform that allows the global organization access to needed photography assets.
- Manage priorities with incoming work queue and manage all stakeholder expectations quickly and professionally.
- Audit and set direction for Photo team shape and structure.
- Focus on strategic partner management with external vendors.
- Contribute creative direction to a unified photography style for our global photography.
- Respond to a diverse range of photography requests from the global organization.
- Manage relationships with vendors specializing in retouching and post-processing, negotiate terms to make deals as favorable as possible.
- Project manage the build-out and maintenance of a technology platform which houses all of our photography assets.
- Build and manage our internal team of Photo specialists — retouchers, library scientists, asset managers, designers.
- Manage the build-out of a photography taxonomy, optimizing for search and photo discovery.
- Represent photography capabilities to the Uber organization.
- Create and design templates for our team to present our photography to both internal and external audiences.
- You are a disciplined manager and organized leader.
- You are a strong, independent thinker, leader and decision maker with ability to deliver work on time.
- You have knowledge of photo flow, process, and taxonomy.
- You are an energetic and creative problem solver.
- You are an expert at building rapport and consensus amongst a wide range of stakeholders.
- You are quick on your feet and able to explain complex issues, risks and alternative solutions clearly and effectively.
- You are an expert negotiator.
- You are adept with project planning (goals, budget, schedule, and scope).
- You are comfortable being uncomfortable and thrive in participating in the strategic and creative development of work without hand holding or a road map.
- You have superior presentation, oral, and written communication skills.
- You are comfortable with tight timelines, creative sprints and collaboration.
- You have a deep love of storytelling that pushes creative boundaries.
- Demonstrated experience across Photo production work that is proven in your portfolio.
- Experience directly managing, mentoring, and building production teams, pipelines and platforms.
- Strong business acumen, with a solid understanding of how to achieve objectives while meeting an expected brand standard, a high bar for aesthetic quality within set budgets and schedules.
- Experience in fast-paced, highly creative environments.
- Superior conflict resolution and negotiation skills.
- Ability to define solutions that will generate measurable results for an organization.
- Excellent negotiation skills (especially contract negotiations) with clients, peers and partners.
- Superior leadership and communication skills.
- Deep affinity for the Uber platform, products and brand.
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance.
- Competitive compensation plan.
- Choice of computer and gear.
- Ground floor opportunity.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top