Performance Infrastructure Engineer
Uber is building the world’s best Performance Infrastructure team, and we’re hiring!
The Uber software stack is a Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) comprised of microservices written in Golang, Java, Node.js, and Python. We are seeking language generalists and performance specialists. Some of the specific skills we are looking for include:
- Deep understanding of Distributed systems and scaling strategies (such as clustering, partitioning, sharding, CAP theorem, etc)
- Expertise with Distributed Tracing tools a plus (Zipkin, Dapper, New Relic, etc)
- Ability to find the right tool for the job and to build tools that don’t exist (specific language profilers, callout tracers, heap profilers, etc as needed)
- Experience with Linux system resource utilization investigations including: disk IO, memory, CPU, network, process scheduling etc in a containerized and cluster managed environment (docker, mesos etc)
- Develop CPU and Memory profilers and optimizations in our major languages
- Familiarity with Database optimizations a plus (MySQL, Cassandra, Redis, S3, DynamoDB, etc)
- Comfortable with large scale data analysis (Hive, SQL)
- Ability to tackle mobile application performance challenges in various geographies posed by varying network conditions, payload requirements etc
Beyond specific technical skills we are also looking for folks with critical thinking skills, holistic problem solving abilities, and a data-driven analytical mindset.
This team is relatively new; it has the opportunity to make a big impact quickly and build the tooling and methodology to help Uber continue to grow and scale into the future.
Be sure to check out the Uber Engineering Blog to learn more about the team.
- Employees are showered with Uber credits each month.
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
We’re bringing Uber to every major city in the world. We need brains and passion to make it happen and to make it happen in style.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top