Performance and Talent Manager
Uber is evolving the way the world moves in cities. By seamlessly connecting riders to drivers through our apps, we make cities more accessible, opening up more possibilities for riders and more business for drivers. From our founding in 2009 to our launches in over 400 cities, Uber’s rapidly expanding global presence continues to bring people and their cities closer.
We are in search of a Program Manager who will partner with the business to take our performance management and talent programs to the next level. In this role, you will work closely with business leads, People Development, People Analytics, and HR business partners to ensure that performance management is managed in a way that drives the continued growth of Uber. The right person will thrive in a fast-paced, “all hands on deck” environment, and move quickly as a builder and do’er in a startup culture.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Design and implement a company wide, data-driven performance management process that instills a culture of feedback
- Manage all process, communications, and technology to ensure a smooth and transparent performance management cycle
- Partner closely with the Compensation team to ensure our performance management process aligns with how we reward and recognize Uber employees
- Partner closely with business leads and HR business partners to ensure performance management programs meet the needs of the business
- Partner closely with the People Analytics team to determine the best metrics to demonstrate success, and measure performance and engagement
- Partner closely with the People Development team to develop innovative employee training a based on performance feedback, analytics, and future needs
- Gather feedback around performance management programs; iterate based on feedback and metrics
- Closely follow new talent and performance management research, materials, methods and techniques; incorporate new ideas into programs at Uber
Still think this is you? Well then, keep reading!
WHAT YOU MUST BE:
- Natural leader – You build relationships quickly. People look to you for direction and feel supported by you
- Self-driven – You have superior organizational skills, integrity, and great follow-through on tasks
- Naturally curious – You’re innovative, extremely creative, and constantly looking for ways to tweak and optimize process
- Knowledgeable & Passionate – You have experience and knowledge of performance management domain areas and are passionate about it
- Fun – You’re a charismatic people person who can talk to anyone; you’re flexible, fearless, and excited to build something awesome
- Analytically oriented – You can demonstrate impact and efficacy of programs on the business.
- BA/BS degree; master’s and PhD in industrial organizational psychology or related field is preferred
- 5+ years of HR or other relevant experience, including at least 3 years of experience in developing and/or managing performance management programs
PERKS & BENEFITS (U.S.):
- Uber credits each month
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top