People Support (Team Lead) - APAC
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
At Uber, we pride ourselves on the amazing team we've built. The driver behind all our growth, our bold and innovative brand, and the transformative technology we bring to market, is the people that make Uber well, Uber.
Delivering a premier, on-demand transportation experience requires tremendous speed, resourcefulness, go getter attitude and a critical eye for quality, and we're hiring a People Operations Lead who has the same traits.
In this role, you will lead the People Support team, who assist employees with their HR needs across the Asia Pacific region. You are passionate about constantly iterating on better ways to support our growing Uber family. You will thrive in a data-driven, fast, and growing environment requiring flexibility and initiative, love finding solutions to problems, and can move quickly as a builder and do'er.
What you'll do
- Develop a team of Contract Administrators and People Operations Coordinators responsible for the operations support behind the entire employee lifecycle - from offer letter through last day of work
- Handle escalated employee issues from business leaders
- Continuously guide and develop the team to ensure goals are met
- Partner with HR Business Partners, Legal, Payroll and other functional teams to ensure a comprehensive employee-centric approach to HR processes and make sure we are supporting them in solving our toughest people problems
- Identify operational weaknesses, help improve existing processes and develop new processes to keep the People Support Team scale with Uber's growth
- Drive the metrics we use to evaluate 'People Support', including volume, speed, efficiency, and quality
- Set a high standard for the team to think boldly and creatively then funnel that energy into concrete processes and execution plans
What you'll need
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in business / human resources
- At least 5 years of prior experience in a data-driven organization leading support or service organizations
- Analytical mindset - you center your priorities and decision making around metrics
- Biased toward action and execution - you drive towards results and can roll up your sleeves to get things done, both individually and with your team
- Curiosity - you're innovative, creative, and constantly looking for opportunities to tweak and optimize processes
- Optimistic leadership - you can serve as the guiding light for your team, through all types of situations
- Customer focus - you are passionate about our customer (the Uber employee) experience and can handle basic inquiries, and escalated requests
- Project Management skills - you can organize anything, and keep several balls in the air implementing new projects, supporting employees, and assisting your team at the same time
- Experience with Workday and/or JIRA is an extra bonus, though not required
- Uber credits each month
- Medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs
- Smart, engaged co-workers in a enjoyable office environment
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets; our company is here to make transportation as reliable as running water.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top