People Support (Team Lead) - APAC
Uber is evolving the way the world moves. By seamlessly connecting riders to drivers through our app, we make cities more accessible, opening up more possibilities for riders and more business for drivers. From our founding in 2009 to our launches in over 450+ cities today, Uber’s rapidly expanding global presence continues to bring people and their cities closer. If you want to have a huge impact on your city and the world, this is the place to be!
About the Role
In this role, you will lead the People Support team, who assist employees with their HR needs across the Asia Pacific region. Candidates that excite us are passionate about constantly iterating on better ways to support our growing Uber family. The right person will thrive in a data driven, “all hands on deck” environment, loves finding solutions to problems, and can move quickly as a builder and do’er in a startup culture.
What you’ll do:
- Manage a team of Contract Administrators and People Operations Coordinators responsible for the operations support behind the entire employee lifecycle – from offer letter through last day of work
- Handle escalated employee issues from business leaders
- Continuously coach and develop the team to ensure goals are met
- Partner with HR Business Partners, Legal, Payroll and other functional teams to ensure a comprehensive employee-centric approach to HR processes and make sure we are supporting them in solving our toughest people problems
- Identify operational weaknesses, help improve existing processes and develop new processes to keep the People Support Team scale with Uber’s growth
- Drive the metrics we use to evaluate ‘People Support’, including volume, speed, efficiency, and quality
- Set a high bar for the team to think boldly and creatively then funnel that energy into concrete processes and execution plans
Here are the kinds of skills we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in business / human resources
- 5+ years of prior experience in a data driven organization leading support or service organizations
- Analytical mindset – you center your priorities and decision making around metrics
- Biased toward action and execution – you drive towards results and can roll up your sleeves to get things done, both individually and with your team
- Natural curiosity – you’re innovative, creative, and constantly looking for opportunities to tweak and optimize processes
- Optimistic leadership – you can serve as the guiding light for your team, through all types of situations
- Customer focus – you are obsessed about our customer (the Uber employee) experience and can handle basic inquiries, and escalated requests
- Project Management Skills – you can organize anything, and keep several balls in the air implementing new projects, supporting employees, and assisting your team at the same time
- Experience with Workday and/or JIRA is an extra bonus, though not required
- Employees are given Uber credits every month!
- Medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets; our company is here to make transportation as reliable as running water.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top