At Uber, we pride ourselves on the amazing team we’ve built. The driver behind all our growth, our bold and disruptive brand, and the game changing technology we bring to market is the people that make Uber well, Uber.
The People Scientist at Uber will focus deeply on our own organizational strategy, helping us build better assessments to improve hiring quality and employee engagement. This role will focus on topics across the entire People organization. Project examples include hiring selection assessments, employee satisfaction and measurement, and rewards optimization.
This is a new role at Uber and the opportunities for creativity, innovation, and growth are limitless. Successful candidates will bring a passion for data, subject-matter expertise, enthusiasm, and leadership to help us find opportunities and build solutions.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Assessment design, experimentation, & implementation. Develop and implement scientifically sound assessments that analyze factors such as proficiencies in job competencies, culture fit, and employee engagement. Includes tracking results and testing organizational hypotheses inside our walls.
- Research. Provide expert perspective on organizational strategy using industry best practices, data/insights, and academic studies.
- Surveying. Gather data and insights from employees using various survey methodologies.
- Project management. Lead execution of People team programs across the globe to drive people science initiatives. Work cross-functionally with other People teams and other organizations.
- Telling stories with data. Evaluate assessments and develop insights that will enhance our organization and present recommendations to senior leadership. Help us build a better Uber.
- Master’s degree in Industrial / Organizational Psychology, PhD is a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to work autonomously in a fast-paced, high-growth environment
- Ability to think, plan, and execute resourcefully
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top