At Uber, we pride ourselves on the amazing team we’ve built. The driver behind all our growth, our bold and disruptive brand, and the game changing technology we bring to market is the people that make Uber well, Uber.
The right person will thrive in an “all hands on deck” environment, loves solving problems and can pivot quickly.
- Work as a member of the HR Business Partner team to drive HR initiatives, data management and projects
- Maintain people systems and information
- Manage exit process for involuntary terminations including:
- Ensuring ER practices and processes were followed before executing on termination steps
- Gathering all necessary termination information
- Creating separation agreements and collating all necessary exit documentation
- Providing management with termination talking points
- Communicating necessary exit details to employees
- Assist with manager effectiveness and climate surveys
- Identify and implement process improvement changes
- Assist with LOA and accommodation requests
- Manage HR related projects (e.g. competency development, internal transfers, career paths, represent Corporate HR on larger HR project work)
- Create and design materials, presentations, trainings and dashboards
- Manage all HR system updates (Workday), changes and requests for Community Operations functions
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years of increasingly complex HR experience; preferably in a high growth tech environment
- Experience managing employee relations issues and advising clients around employment practices
- Experience improving and designing HR related processes
- Knowledge and experience in technology businesses including a familiarity with global HR practices and policies
- Strong problem solving abilities and tenacity to build solutions from scratch
- Flexibility to be proactive in a fast paced, ever changing environment
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top