People Operations Specialist, Systems and Technology
Uber is a company that has built our amazing products with motivated, talented people. Our People team is looking for a global “People Operations Specialist, Systems and Technology,” based in San Francisco, to support our People system needs. We are looking for someone who is passionate about finding ways to best support our growing Uber family. The ideal candidate has a strong background in Workday or Jira, will thrive in an “all hands on deck” environment, loves finding solutions to problems and can move quickly as a builder and do’er in a startup culture.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Adviser and point of contact for our People system escalations including Workday, Jira, iCIMS, Exari, DocuSign and Xpand.
- Identify improvements, such as automation opportunities, and make the system experience seamless and optimized for all stakeholders.
- Perform advanced Workday transactions such as mass uploads, security assignments and basic system configurations.
- Evaluate and revamp existing Workday, Jira and iCIMS dashboards.
- Work with external vendors to troubleshoot errors with Exari, our offer generation tool, and DocuSign.
- Special projects including supporting system implementation, for example supporting the implementation of our new onboarding system Xpand.
- Perform regular analyses, reporting and audits as required.
- You look for creative ways to solve the root problem rather than treating the symptoms as they bubble up. Good enough isn’t good enough for you.
- You can go with the flow, and are comfortable with adapting quickly to new information and priorities. Uber is an incredibly fast paced company and you need to be able to ride the wave.
- You have a strong appetite for troubleshooting problems, using analytics, that have never been seen before, and you’re proactive about learning Workday at a deep level.
- You’re an entrepreneurial self-starter. We don’t have time or desire to micro-manage, so we look for people we can trust with a lot of autonomy to get things done. If you hate bureaucracy and love to deliver, this is the right environment for you.
- You hustle. Hustle and passion are the lifeblood of Uber. When work gets hard and deadlines get close, we rely on hustle and passion to move fast and deliver results.
- 2+ years in a Human Resources Operations or Shared Services environment, at either a high-growth tech startup or a large, well-established company
- Exceptional system skills, preferably Workday or Jira. Systems work is second-nature to you, and you’re looking to apply your skill in more complex projects with more ownership and diversify your systems portfolio.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and relationship building skills – numbers are key, but a business is built with people.
- Team player – None of our work is in a silo. The reward comes not from individual glory but from the collective satisfaction of a job well done
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top