People Operations Generalist - LATAM
Uber is a company that has built our amazing products with motivated, talented people. Our People Team is looking for a People Operations Generalist in Mexico City to support our employee population in Latin America - someone who is passionate about finding ways to best support our growing Uber family. The People Operations Generalist is primarily responsible for managing employee relations and implementing HR processes and programs within their region or function.
About the Team:
Our People Team is looking for a People Operations Generalist in Mexico to support our employee population in Mexico & Latin America - someone who is passionate about finding ways to best support our growing Uber family. The People Operations Generalist is primarily responsible for supporting employees and managers with basic inquiries and implementing global and local HR processes and programs within their region or function.
What you'll do:
- Provide HR support to the business, advising first-line and first-time managers on performance management, basic employee relations, policies, and other HR-related topics
- Manage Uber employee inquiries escalated from our People Support Center, and connect the employee to HR COEs as necessary
- Partner with your region or functions HR Business Partner on larger projects and org changes
- Plan and execute weekly new hire orientation including managing logistics with IT, badging etc
- Advise and complete all employee exits, both voluntary and involuntary
- Identify and execute on continuous improvement of HR programs and processes to improve the overall employee and manager experience
- Complete processes and project work to maintain compliance in your region or function
What you'll need:
The ideal candidate is self-driven, organized, and passionate about continually tinkering to make the overall process and experience better for all employees. A successful candidate will be able to thrive in a fast-paced environment and adapt as new priorities come up. Exceptional communication skills and attention to detail are key attributes in this role.
Skills and Experiences:
- Bachelor's degree in business/human resources preferred
- 2-5 years of prior experience in an HR/ HR operations role; in lieu of degree, 6 years of relevant experience
- Experience with coaching and others
- Understanding \ practices and experience in regional capacity is a plus
- Workday experience and/or experience using JIRA is a plus
- Employees are given Uber credits every month
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Smart, engaged co-workers
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top