People Operations Generalist
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
What you'll do
- Support a business function for HR operations support including exit interview, on boarding, off boarding, escalated tickets, etc.
- Support managers on general intakes and coaching for their assigned support group
- Maintain people systems and information
- Manage exit process for involuntary terminations including:
- Ensure ER practices and processes were followed before executing on termination steps
- Gather all necessary termination information
- Create separation agreements and collating all necessary exit documentation
- Provide management with termination talking points
- Communicate necessary exit details to employees
- Assist with manager effectiveness and climate surveys
- Identify and implement process improvement changes
- Assist with LOA and accommodation requests
- Manage HR related projects within the Community Operations functions (e.g. competency development, internal transfers, career paths, represent Corporate HR on larger HR project work)
- Create and design materials, presentations, trainings and dashboards
- Manage all HR system updates (Workday), changes and requests for Community Operations functions
- Execution and continuous improvement of HR programs and processes to improve employee, manager experience and increase compliance in their region or function.
- Self-driven. You have superior organizational skills, integrity and great follow through on tasks. You don't get overwhelmed easily.
- Naturally curious. You're innovative, extremely creative and constantly looking for ways to tweak and optimize processes.
- 100% focused on the employee experience. You are self aware, well-spoken and eloquent in emails.
- Fun. You're a charismatic people person who can talk to anyone; you're flexible, fearless, and excited to help build something awesome and share it with the world.
- Motivated. You understand the impact of a highly-satisfied, excited crew; you work fiercely on grinding away at issues.
What you'll need
- Bachelor's degree
- Knowledge HR operations
- Knowledge in managing employee relations issues and advising clients around employment practices
- Fluent in English (required)
- Comfortable using data analysis to support a story
- Workday experience and/or experience using JIRA is a plus
- Excellent problem solving abilities and tenacity to create solutions from scratch
- Flexibility to be proactive in a fast-paced, ever changing environment
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Smart, engaged co-workers.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top