Payroll Specialist LATAM
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
About the Role
As a Payroll Specialist, you will coordinate the inputs used in processing the Latin America payrolls within an outsourced operating model. You will work with internal HR partners to collect and organize payroll data to submit to the payroll provider and review of the payroll changes. You will assist in Customer Service queries from both employees and internal partners. The position also is responsible of Payroll accounting and Tax processes. This position will report to the Payroll Manager.
What You'll Do / What You'll Need / Bonus Points / About the Team
What You'll Do
- Coordinate the payroll processing for all employees across Mexico, Costa Rica, Panama, Chile, Colombia, Argentina, Uruguay and Peru
- Payroll data collection/preparation
- Review output to ensure accuracy
- Initiating net pay processing in the respective countries through the banking platforms
- Responsible for periodical country payroll reporting and other statutory payroll filings
- Supply accurate payroll journals and provide support for all payroll GL accounts
- Responsible for monthly reconciliation of all payroll related GL accounts
- Maintain an excellent relationship with the payroll data providers and vendors and manage a smooth, timely and precise handling of transactions
- Follow payroll procedures and internal controls and assist in requests from audit partners
- Handling all employee payroll related queries and liaising with the relevant cross-functional teams regarding any changes
- Serve as a payroll liaison (Payroll Subject Matter Expert) for cross-functional partners and stakeholders
What You'll Need
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Business Administration
- A minimum of 4 years of accounting experience in payroll processes but we will consider candidates if they comply with the rest of the requirements
- Great organizational and time management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Analytical skills that enable candidate to recognize and solve problems
- Capable of working independently, as member of internal team, and in partnership with vendors
- Advanced knowledge of Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- The ability to maintain confidentiality is essential
- Professional proficiency in English and Spanish
About the Team
Uber LATAM Payroll is a high-performance culture marked by hyper productivity, compliance and accuracy. In this extraordinary international payroll environment, we are covering all facets of the payroll spectrum.
Back to top