Payroll Operations- Special Projects
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
About the Role
Our Payroll team is looking to add a Payroll Operations role to our rapidly growing finance team in San Francisco. As a member of the North America Payroll Global Process Ownership team, you will be working closely with our Payroll delivery team in Bangalore as well as upstream partners including People Ops, Global Benefits, Stock, Mobility, Cash Mgmt, Accounting, Tax, Legal, and external consultants to ensure local compliance and efficiency.
What You'll Do / What You'll Need / Bonus Points / About the Team
What You'll Do
- Be responsible for and lead the day-to-day payroll process for the assigned pay groups in the US and Canada, including terminations and off-cycle processes.
- Responsible for the generation and posting of payroll related journal entries, performing account reconciliations of key payroll accounts, and supporting month end close activities.
- Manage quarterly tax adjustments and year end process activities.
- Ensure appropriate documentation for operational process and procedures are in place and adhered to as part of operations.
- Confirm required controls are validated and cleared as part of routine payroll processing; raise any exceptions or discrepancies as related to application and business controls to management.
- Manage the employee support ticketing system and ensure SLA's are maintained with world class customer support
- Work with the Payroll Manager to implement on-going system improvements according to organization goals, policies and procedures, and new laws and regulations
- Support various internal and external audits, domestic and international.
- Participate in new system implementations and or improvements related to payroll process and perform user testing.
What You'll Need
- BA/BS degree in a relevant field
- A minimum of 5 years of experience processing the end to end US payroll process
- A minimum of 3 years managing the end to end US payroll process
- Experience and proficiency in Workday Payroll is required.
- Lead experience and ability to manage remote staff.
- General knowledge of principles and practices within human resources and benefit administration and tax reporting.
- Broad and local Subject Matter Expertise of US specific employee benefits and payroll tax.
- Excellent organization skills with attention to detail and completeness
- Proficiency in Excel
- Business process improvement skills and a mind for automation
- Experience with multi-state/province payrolls
About the Team
North America Payroll at Uber is a high-performance culture marked by hyper productivity, compliance and accuracy. In this extraordinary US and Canada payroll environment, we are covering all facets of the payroll spectrum.
Back to top