Payroll Manager, LATAM
Uber, headquartered in San Francisco, California, USA, is a game-changing technology company in its startup phase. We aim to alter the transportation space by allowing users to obtain on-demand private car service that takes them safely and smoothly to where they need to go. Our Payroll team is looking to add a hands-on details-oriented Payroll Manager to our rapidly growing finance team in Mexico City. You will be working closely with our HR team, our Accounting team, Tax team, our Legal team and external consultants to ensure local compliance.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Build and manage the payroll team for the region.
- Ensure timely and accurate end-to-end payroll process for all LATAM region.
- Ensure compliance with statutory regulations, company policy, and internal SOX controls.
- Act as a business partner to the PeopleOps team, providing guidance and support in the implementation of corporate initiatives.
- Respond to tax notices, wage orders, and governmental correspondences.
- Support various internal and external audits, domestic and international.
- Participate in new system implementations related to payroll process and perform user testing.
- Responsible for the generation and posting of payroll related journal entries, performing account reconciliations of key payroll accounts, and supporting month end close activities.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- BA/BS degree
- A minimum of 10 years of experience managing the end to end payroll process with relevant experience in the LATAM region.
- 3-4 years of management experience and ability to manage remote staff.
- General knowledge of principles and practices within human resources and benefit administration and reporting.
- Working experience using a web-based payroll provider.
- Knowledge and understanding of LATAM payroll tax matters.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive data.
- Excellent organization skills with attention to detail and completeness
- Project management skills.
- Hands-on, strong work ethic and can-do attitude.
- Strong communication skills and ability to communicate key information and status to stakeholders.
- Travel like a diplomat: employees are given Uber credits
- We’re not just another social web app: we’re moving real assets and real people around their cities
- We have access to an amazing list of advisors and investors that we actively engage with
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top