Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
Uber BRA Payroll is a high-performance culture marked by hyper productivity, compliance and accuracy.
In this extraordinary international payroll environment, we are covering all facets of the payroll spectrum.
As a Payroll Specialist, you will be responsible for coordinating the inputs used in processing the Brazil
payroll within an outsourced operating model. You will work with internal HR partners to collect and
organize payroll data to submit to the payroll provider and review of the payroll changes. Assist in
Customer Service queries from both employees and internal partners. The position also is responsible of
Payroll accounting and Tax processes. This position will report to the Payroll Supervisor.
- Coordinate the payroll processing for all employees across Brazil and give support to other countries
- Payroll data collection/preparation
- Review output to ensure accuracy
- Initiating net pay processing in the respective countries through the banking platforms.
- Responsible for periodical country payroll reporting and other statutory payroll filings
- Supply accurate payroll journals and provide support for all payroll GL accounts
- Responsible for monthly reconciliation of all payroll related GL accounts
- Maintain an excellent relationship with the payroll data providers and vendors and manage a smooth,
timely and precise handling of transactions
- Follow payroll procedures and internal controls and assist in requests from audit partners.
- Handling all employee payroll related queries and liaising with the relevant cross-functional teams
regarding any changes
- Serve as a payroll liaison (Payroll Subject Matter Expert) for cross-functional partners and
- 3/4+ years of payroll experience, ideally managing payroll in Brazil
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to effectively work with staff, internal
partners and vendors
- Analytical skills that enable candidate to recognize and resolve problems
- Capable of working independently, as member of internal team, and in partnership with vendors
- Accounting experience in payroll processes.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Business Administration required
- Strong knowledge of Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- The ability to maintain confidentiality is essential
- Intermediary English. Spanish is a plus.
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Smart, engaged co-workers.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top