Payments Operations Manager
Excited about high-growth startups with a passion for building world-class payment platforms? Are you a proven leader, strategic thinker and technical executor? Eager to make an immediate impact on the direction of Uber? Then let’s talk.
As the Payments Operations Manager, you will lead the team responsible for scaling and optimizing Uber’s new and existing payment methods. You will be responsible for identifying and executing initiatives to ensure we scale payments efficiently, maximize conversion, minimize cost, and most importantly optimize the user experience. Ideal candidates are process-oriented, results-driven, problem-solving leaders who have global e-commerce payments experience and strong cross functional skills. In this dynamic, challenging role you’ll have significant impact as a leader shaping Uber’s payments vision in partnership with cross-functional teams including Product, Engineering, Fraud, Business Development, Finance, and Operations.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Identify, size, prioritize, and execute initiatives to improve our payment platform in collaboration with Product, Engineering, Finance, and Fraud
- Define and oversee the standards for the scoping, onboarding, and maintenance of new payment types and partners
- Own and manage relationships with new and existing payment partners
- Define, track, analyze, and own payments KPIs
- Work cross functionally to identify, replicate, size, and resolve payments related issues
- Shape Uber’s payment processing engine
- Hire and scale a world class Payments team
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- Strategic thinking, deductive reasoning, and leadership skills
- Project management and cross functional skills with experience working with Engineering teams
- 5+ years of e-commerce payments experience and direct management experience in a high-growth, fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with SQL
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced dynamic environment – we have no shortage of opportunities but limited time. You need to be able to effectively assess, prioritize, and execute
- Uber credits
- Ground floor opportunity to lead a team; shape the strategic direction of payments
- Make a difference: we’re not just another social web app: we’re moving real people/assets and changing transportation for the future
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top