Partnerships Marketing Manager - Romania
Uber is a Series E venture-funded start-up headquartered in San Francisco, California. We are a global mobility and logistics technology platform: our flagship service allows users to request quality, on-demand rides with a touch of their smartphone but we are rapidly developing new products. We are present in over 600+ cities worldwide, including over 70+ cities in EMEA with plans to rapidly expand in the region.
Our technology allows us to move the physical world: We believe that, through innovation and entrepreneurship, we can have a meaningful impact on cities around the world.
We're looking for a Marketing Manager to take charge of growing demand, ensuring rider satisfaction and driving our brand awareness in your city.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Support with the creation of a partnership roadmap for Uber in Romania. You will help set the course and direction for partnerships in the region, ensuring it is fully aligned and adding to the overall strategic direction for Uber.
- Identify, craft and execute large strategic partnerships to support the continued growth of the Uber business. The partnerships what you will be working on will strongly add value to Uber and its partners, both from a bottom-line and from a brand building perspective.
- Read between the lines. Work varies teams to create and drive contracts to closure, and then manage these key strategic relationships to provide maximum value for both Uber and its partners.
- Bring your analytical A-game. You'll be building business models, performing analysis to understand trends, provide actionable insights, and track productivity and success of initiatives to ensure we're driving toward the best possible outcome.
- Support the evolution of the long-term partnership vision. Create and playbook new ways to add to existing partnerships and to kick off new product initiatives. You'll be making those not so obvious connections that drive innovative products and initiatives to grow our business.
- Manage relationships. You will need not only to build and develop relationships with strategic partners, but also to maintain and nourish them over the long-run.
- Thrive in a fast pace. You will handle a high volume of engagements and be able to adjust and adapt quickly given the fast pace of our company.
- Hustle! You will drive and support key initiatives across our business teams to grow strategic and long term opportunities with our various partners. This involves wearing many hats and jumping in to help your teammates when the needs arise.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- At least 4 years of business development, investment banking or commercial / strategic partnership experience.
- Instinct for managing partners. You have a proven track record of supporting business managers in partner & project management, research & analysis, as well as marketing. You have a sixth sense when it comes to partnerships and can effortlessly navigate multiple partner engagements simultaneously.
- High throughput. Your strong bias towards action helped you earned the reputation of someone who gets things done. You love having a lot on your plate and get energy from being busy.
- An intuition for people and stellar networking skills. You're spending the majority of the time working with various internal and external teams, building and really cultivating new relationships with potential and existing partners and within all parts of an organization.
- The athlete's mentality. You're an all around player, flexing and stretching your analytical prowess, pitching in as needed but also knowing when to take control and lead a conversation be it with an engineer, a product manager, or a C-level executive.
- A creative mind. Aligning interests of two or more partners in a negotiation is not always easy, and you will be the maestro tasked with doing so - therefore, sometimes you'll need to be creative and out out-of-the-box ideas on the table, but never forgetting your end goal of maximizing value to Uber.
- Your prioritization skills shine in chaos. You will have to be structured, organized and capable of prioritizing amongst the multiple work-fronts ahead of you.
- Hustle is your middle name. This team moves fast and always operating in new spaces. You pick up things fast and run with them. If you need a ton of hand holding, this isn't the job for you
- Fluent in English & Romanian
- Employees are given Uber credits each month.
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top