Partnerships Manager, New Business - UberEATS (Based in DC)
The Restaurant Partnership Manager role is a unique opportunity to help grow one of Uber’s newest services: UberEATS, which is in the process of expanding in a big way. The role involves ownership of the entire relationship lifecycle with our restaurant partners, beginning with pitching, negotiation and onboarding, all the way through to analysis of and optimization of sales operations.
This role demands the unique ability to not only take an account list and and close new business at an incredibly high rate, but to bring the analytical horsepower to build the account list yourself. After figuring out which business to close, and then closing said business, you’ll adopt the role of a farmer – acting as a consultant to help restaurants maximize their sales on the platform. You should have a keen eye for the culinary scene, reasonable analytical horsepower, a strong analytical and intuitive grasp of what people want to order for delivery, and an ability to build enduring (vs transactional) relationships.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Sales / Restaurant Sourcing: Leverage prospecting skills and relationships to get the city’s best restaurants interested in UberEATS. Help us acquire buzz worthy partners, whose mere presence on the platform will help accelerate our growth.
- Analyze which restaurants to partner with: You’ll bring the analytical horsepower and business acumen to curate the list of the best restaurants in the city.
- Negotiation and Deal Making: Lead contract negotiations aimed at establishing the foundation of a strong working relationship with our restaurant partners, including sustainable economics for both parties.
- Process Scaling: Uber is a company that moves fast and does things at large scale. Help design processes, whether it be prospecting, onboarding, account management, etc. in such a way that they fuel, rather than act as a bottleneck, on growth. .
- Collecting and Acting on Feedback. Create processes and account management tools to stay in close communication with restaurant partners and incorporate feedback into process improvements on the ground.
- Hustle: Take ownership of UberEATS growth in Miami, do whatever it takes to get the job done, delight users and restaurant partners – we take NPS seriously!
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW / HAVE:
- Bachelor’s degree from a 4-year university and 2-4+ years of business development, sales or account management experience; or analytical/operational/consulting experience, but with strong people-influencing skills.
- A knack for building relationships and negotiating partnerships
- The ability to combine analytics plus adopt the mindset of a consumer – help restaurants maximize sales on the UberEATS platform
- Ability to take initiative in a constantly-changing work environment and adopt a generalist mindset
- Data-driven decision making mentality and sound business judgment through strong analytical thinking
- Experience creating and optimizing processes
- A customer service orientation and experience developing strong partnerships
- Startup (all-hands-on-deck) “I bust my ass because I love it” approach
- Passion for the on-demand delivery space, and food delivery in particular
- Experience within the restaurant industry a plus
- Employees receive up to 15 free rides per month.
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- The opportunity to reshape the Miami food scene & build relationships with local influencers
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top