Partner Operations Manager (Analytics Focus)
Our Central Operations teams are the heart and soul of Uber. These are the teams that take our global product and localize it to an assigned market, while creating thousands of economic opportunities for drivers, and making transportation cheaper and more accessible for our riders. We are in the midst of incredible growth, which requires hard work. We are looking for individuals who are passionate about what they do and ready to roll up their sleeves to grow their city.
The Partner Operations Manager (Analytics Focus) role provides a unique opportunity to drive growth through the analysis of data and strategic thinking. This specialized Operations role requires a combination of technical (SQL) and business experience (applied economics / statistics) to maximize supply productivity and efficiency.
This is an intense business-side startup role. This person will work with the local Middle East Operations teams to tackle major issues across the Middle East, as well as contribute on regional projects. This role will have direct responsibility for the growth of our business.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Conduct business research by gathering data (SQL), identifying options, and conducting experiments with detailed analyses
- Identify business challenges and devise innovative statistical tools/methods to solve those problems
- Present data-driven recommendations with clear proposed next steps
- Evaluate the economic and strategic costs and benefits of driver incentive programs and work with management to execute those strategies
- Take ownership of Uber’s growth across Middle East cities
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW/HAVE:
- 3-5+ years of finance / business analytics / applied economics or related experience
- Bachelor’s degree in economics, finance, statistics, or similar field
- Data driven decision making mentality and sound business judgment through strong analytical thinking
- High-level proficiency in SQL
- Experience executing regression analysis and developing various predictive models to answer different business problems by using statistical software such as Excel, SAS, R etc. desirable but not required
- Startup (all-hands-on-deck) “I bust my ass because I love it” approach
- Employees are given Uber credits each month.
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top