Partner Growth Analyst (SSA) - Johannesburg
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 500 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the women and men who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
Uber's driver-partners are our most important customers, and we're building a best in class experience for them across Sub Saharan Africa. Our Partner Growth team help new partners get on the road for the first time, build engagement with the platform over time, and provide a home base for the driver-partner community.
The SSA team is looking for someone who will develop/optimise processes across SSA and drive the strategic decision making process through your heavily data-driven/analytical approach and operational mindset. The ideal candidate for this role should have exemplary analytical skills, excellent time-management and organizational habits, and the ability to clearly communicate and present information.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Drive analysis on important strategic decisions in order to optimize the partner growth business
- Build, maintain, and communicate detailed reporting models and analytical frameworks to help the Ops team to improve the overall customer experience, optimise processes, ensure efficiency and better understand profitability
- Work closely with the Central and City Ops team to develop solutions to identify key issues and develop processes to reduce defect rates
- Drive performance improvements through process development and innovation
- Provides recommendations and actions for teammates that will further drive business to success
- Identify operational weaknesses and help improve or innovate new processes to keep our operations as efficient as possible
- Deep experience in data science / business intelligence / investment banking / consulting or related experience; high-growth analytics or operations experience a plus
- Exceptional Excel / data management skills - many say they are great at Excel, fewer truly are. Ideal candidate brings some impressive know-how (and the understanding that there's always more to learn)
- SQL, coding experience is required
- Must have a passion for hacking things together in order to solve the hardest problems
- Process driven. You have superior organizational skills, and constantly look to keep improving systems.
- Strong communication and organization skills
- Balance attention to detail with swift execution - we need to do things quickly, and we need to do them well. Balancing those can be challenging, and this should be a strength
- Explorer - the ability to self-serve, investigate and get the data we require will make you much more effective in this role. Self-starter attitude is a must!
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- Employees are given Uber trips every month.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top