Partner Engineer - Developer Platform
Developer Platform Partner Engineer (On-demand Delivery)
Location: San Francisco
The Uber Developer Platform team empowers developers to build moving experiences through APIs and SDKs. The UberRUSH API allows partners to build the power of on-demand delivery into their businesses. We are looking for talented Partner Engineers to work on impactful UberRUSH API delivery integrations.
As an Partner Engineer, you will work directly with companies ranging from Fortune 100 companies to leading VC-backed startups to enable on-demand delivery. The work involves sharing best practices, debugging issues, and writing code to enable successful integrations. Here’s a glimpse of some of the types of integrations and partners you get to work with: UberRUSH
In the role, you will also have the flexibility to work on other aspects of the Uber Developer Platform, including the Rides API and SDKs, across a variety of business verticals. Meet the team!
- Work closely with business development, product management, and software engineers to ensure the successful relationship between Uber and our high-value partners.
- Use your software engineering experience to guide partners toward successful technical integrations
- Pitch and share best practices for the UberRUSH API prior to implementation.
- Prioritize and communicate partner needs to product and engineering teams.
- Write partner-specific code to enable successful integrations
SKILLS WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- Savvy business acumen. You understand what it takes to maintain business relationships, especially those that will undergo multiple product lifecycles involving complex technical requirements. You will be able to quickly understand the requirements of the partner and distill it down to actionable API specs that all partners can benefit from.
- A developer expert. You have deep knowledge of technical stacks so that you can quickly recommend full approaches for partners. You can spot exactly where they might go wrong and have back-pocket full of suggestions to correct the course.
- An amazing teacher. Whether it’s by creating sample code, designing new APIs, or finding out exactly what that partner wants, you know exactly how to reach developers and get them up and running.
- Fearlessness. You aren’t afraid to speak up or step on toes. You know APIs and you know them well. You are driven to elevate the collective discussion around you.
- Passion. You live and breathe APIs. You love to see new integrations and nothing feels better than designing that perfect endpoint.
- Focused. You can switch context on a dime and you know how to plan your day. As a Partner Engineer, you’ll be coding, maintaining relationships with partners, and designing APIs. You’ll wear different hats and juggle your responsibilities. You also just got excited hearing that you get to do all these jobs.
- A jill/jack of all trades. You are an expert in REST APIs and you have a wide array of tools in your bag, be it Android, iOS, Python, Java, C#, Ruby, or PHP. You know exactly what you need to get the job done and you elevate the skills of those around you.
Be sure to check out the Uber Engineering Blog to learn more about the team.
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
We’re bringing Uber to every major city in the world. We need brains and passion to make it happen and to make it happen in style.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top