Paid Search Manager (SEM), EMEA
Uber started out to solve a simple problem: the need to get a ride across town. Six years and two billion trips later, we’ve stumbled upon something a bit bigger: a new way to help tackle congestion—one of the most serious challenges cities face today.
We are present in over 450+ cities worldwide, including over 70+ cities in EMEA with plans to rapidly expand in the region. We have already found strong product market fit with a world changing service, but we’re only just getting started.
Longer term, we’re optimistic that smartphone apps like Uber can also offer a real alternative to individual car ownership. After all, if you can press a button and get an affordable ride across town in minutes 24-hours a day, why bother to own a car? There is an alternative to a world that looks like a parking lot and moves like a traffic jam. Join Uber to help make that future possible.
This is a unique opportunity, we need a highly motivated self-starter who thrives in a team environment and is excited to drive growth. The ideal person for this role has had a very clear SEM background, can work independently and knows how to stay ahead of industry trends.
Location: Amsterdam, NL (EMEA HQ)
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Manage daily execution of paid search (Google, Bing, Yandex), AdMob and Youtube campaigns.
- Conceptualize and implement optimization strategies and tests for SEM campaigns.
- Keep up to date with PPC best practices and strategies.
- Hands-on bid optimization to meet and exceed volume and ROI targets.
- Build and execute keyword expansion plans.
- A/B test landing pages, messaging and multiple user experiences.
- Be able to work with ads in nearly 100 markets.
- Contribute to other team projects and initiatives, remaining flexible and willing.
- Help the team win.
WHAT YOU NEED:
- +3-4 years of experience in dedicated paid search engine marketing and large international/regional campaigns
- Excellent analytical skills with multivariate testing experience
- Familiar with CPA, CPC, CPM, ARPU and LTV
- Familiar with GSP, GDN, Youtube
- Ability to set goals and execute under tight deadlines
- Experience in/around a Start-up or mobile culture a plus – i.e. you can adapt to quick changes within both the company and mobile industry
- Experience on search engines beyond Google (e.g. Yandex) is a plus
- Familiar with bidding tools is a plus (DS3)
- Writing and implementing adwords scripts are a plus.
- An understanding of the nuances of both the demand and supply side of a marketplace also a plus.
- Bi-lingual/Multi-lingual skills are a plus (especially Russian or Arabic)
- Employees are showered with Uber credits each month.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top