Operations & Strategy Manager - UberEATS
The UberEATS Operations & Strategy Manager role is a unique opportunity to help expand one of Uber's newest services, UberEATS. As part of the Operations team, you will help scale the financial reporting, analytics, and planning capabilities across Canada to empower decision makers. You will play a key role in all aspects of consolidated level planning and analysis and make significant contributions to high-profile strategic and operational initiatives.
So if you're ready to dive into a rewarding set of challenges and you've got the proven financial skills, experience, passion, and strong team mentality - read on and get in touch! The ideal candidate has an entrepreneurial spirit, hustles hard, and can handle the ever-changing environment of a start up with a charisma that is consistent with the Uber brand.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Work closely with senior management to derive financial insights and assess the business's overall progress towards its strategic objectives
- Sophisticated financial modeling – maintain and enhance Uber's corporate model. Translate the various complexities of our business into decision frameworks that help management understand opportunities and challenges
- Planning - Help manage and drive all aspect of forecast and planning cycles, including communication and coordination with various stakeholders
- Lead initiatives to continuously improve, streamline, and automate forecasting, planning, and reporting tools
- Special projects / ad hoc analyses - new initiatives, products, risks and opportunities are constantly arising. You will help evaluate and drive these important initiatives.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- BS/BA in Finance, Accounting, Economics, or similar (MBA a plus)
- 3-5 years in Banking, Management Consulting and/or Corporate finance / operational FP&A at either a high-growth tech startup or a large, well-established company
- Exceptional Excel / financial modeling skills. Best practices are second-nature, you can handle complexity but strive for simplicity
- Attention to detail balanced with swift execution. We need to do things quickly and we need to do them well.
- Hustle - hustle and passion are the lifeblood of Uber. We move fast and deliver results because of our hustle and passion
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and relationship building skills - numbers are key, but a business is built with people. You possess the ability to distill complex analyses and nuanced problems into simple, logical frameworks with concrete action plans. High emotional intelligence and adept communication are required in our fast-moving environment
- Team player - this is a highly collaborative and supportive team environment
- Entrepreneurial self-starter - we don't have time or desire to micro-manage. You will take initiative, be proactive and resourceful, set and drive toward solutions / goals in a fast-paced, rapidly-evolving environment
- Nice to have - SQL skills - the ability to self-serve, investigate and produce the data we require is key
- Nice to have - Systems - working knowledge of enterprise-level financial planning systems
- Credits to spend on Uber rides and UberEATS meals every month
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment with catered meals 3x/week and snacks galore
UBER welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top