Operations Strategy Manager - São Paulo
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
About the job
The Operations Strategy Manager role is a unique opportunity to have a direct impact on your country's growth. This data-driven role calls for a combination of savvy analytics, strategic thinking, strong execution and the interpersonal ability to work alongside a team of high performing individuals.
This person will need to develop robust and streamlined processes to attract, convert, engage and retain users facing a multitude of complex needs and bottlenecks. This requires a commitment to operational excellence, a deep understanding of user lifecycle and partner economics, the capacity for out-of-the-box thinking to drive high quality top of funnel strategies and a customer centric mindset to implement high impact initiatives to develop user engagement. This role also calls for highly adaptable profiles that are keen to tackle different issues and will demonstrate ability to push new initiatives, positively challenge the existing and make the role what they want it to be.
What you'll do
- Analytics. Utilize data to understand user behavior and areas for improvement in our marketplace dynamics, sign-up, promotion programs and more.
- Develop & Optimize Processes. Take big picture ideas and break them into actionable steps, own processes end-end and constantly seek to improve them.
- Product Improvement. Regularly search for bugs or new features which could improve a seamless driver and rider experience.
- Take Initiative. Take ownership of Uber's growth in your region.
What you'll need
- Bachelor's degree in Economics, Finance, Statistics, Engineering, Business, Marketing or similar field -- if you think your background brings something to the table, we want to hear from you!
- At least need 3 years of Strategy Consulting, Engineering, Banking, Business Intelligence or similar background in a large business or of growing a startup
- Analytical rigor - Excellent excel skills, SQL skills is a plus. We use data to inform our decisions; you'll quickly identify what data you need to resolve a problem and how to analyse it to get to your answer. You'll have experience dealing with complex data sets, deriving insights and checking against what you see in the real-world.
- Roll up your sleeves and get into the details approach.
- Demonstrated record of leading initiatives and projects at your organization.
- Self-starter and collaborative leader. Everywhere you go, you can't help but mobilize people, build things, resolve problems, get into the details, go above and beyond, and draw out the best in people. You are a doer and motivator of others.
- Solutions focus - We are constantly working to improve Uber for our riders and our driver-partners. You seek out problems and innovate ways to solve them. You have autonomy to make changes to Uber in your city, and possess the skills to push our product to be the best it can be.
- Communication and collaboration skills - You'll work with your city's driver-partners, as well as different Uber teams in your city, across the country, and all over the world. You excel at working with diverse teams, understanding different perspectives, and creating solutions together.
- Passion for making our cities a better place to live - Uber is fundamentally changing how people interact with their cities and transforming earning opportunities for our driver-partners. This mission excites you - you want to be a part of making it even better.
- Business curiosity - you love to learn and constantly seek ways to improve your understanding of the business and the tools you use. You share your learnings with your team and encourage others (and yourself) to take on new opportunities for further development.
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- Fantastic opportunity to grow with the team; shape the strategic direction of your city.
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Smart, engaged co-workers in a enjoyable office environment.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top